Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
BlakeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 404
not sure about mine...I cant check though til I get it back. PEX may very well be spec'd in too. But that cheap crap is also and is prob less expensive
__________________

__________________
TT = 2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK
TV = 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L V8
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
kerrlakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
not sure about mine...I cant check though til I get it back. PEX may very well be spec'd in too. But that cheap crap is also and is prob less expensive
So mine has blue, white and black so called "sprayer hose" and also red and blue pex. With that said, the way they put all this together, I'm going to have to replace a bunch of "Ts" and elbows because the pex nipples are too short to cut and reuse. This is gonna be fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2414.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	53876  
__________________

__________________
North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #23
WFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,610
I would just be concerned about replacing the white water hose, the somewhat braided Valtera stuff...don't think you need to be concerned about the red and blue tubing.
__________________
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax
2016 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
kerrlakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
So mine has blue, white and black so called "sprayer hose" and also red and blue pex. With that said, the way they put all this together, I'm going to have to replace a bunch of "Ts" and elbows because the pex nipples are too short to cut and reuse. This is gonna be fun.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I spent all afternoon replacing my ceased water heater bypass valve, 3 "Ts", 3 elbows and several inches of pex as I had to construct and replace everything within a few inches of the valve. Forest River sure did no favors for anyone having to replace ANYTHING behind the docking station on my Sandpiper 345RET...and I'm guessing other brands and models are designed and put together this way.

In any case, I got everything I needed at Lowes and used the pinch/cinch clamps. I bit the bullet and bought the Apollo one hand ratcheting clamp tool which was worth every penny of the $60 I paid for it. Good news is that I had no leaks when I was finished.

After all this, I still can't figure out the logic behind using that sprayer type hose along with pex. Pex has to be less expensive than the hose. I just don't get it.
__________________
North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
irishrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
I know they use flex hose to stop water pump from vibrating rigid pipe to quiet them down.
__________________
2014 295rst TE Champagne
09 GMC 2500HD D/A
irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Received a shipping box today from FR. Sent a sample of tube back to FR.
Still no reply from the supplier regarding supply line …… Obviously they don’t care…..
__________________
TV= 2012 F-150 FX4 Supercab
FW= 2011 270ret Crusader
Hitch= Reese Pro Series 16K Hitch
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I spent all afternoon replacing my ceased water heater bypass valve, 3 "Ts", 3 elbows and several inches of pex as I had to construct and replace everything within a few inches of the valve. Forest River sure did no favors for anyone having to replace ANYTHING behind the docking station on my Sandpiper 345RET...and I'm guessing other brands and models are designed and put together this way.

In any case, I got everything I needed at Lowes and used the pinch/cinch clamps. I bit the bullet and bought the Apollo one hand ratcheting clamp tool which was worth every penny of the $60 I paid for it. Good news is that I had no leaks when I was finished.

After all this, I still can't figure out the logic behind using that sprayer type hose along with pex. Pex has to be less expensive than the hose. I just don't get it.

X2 My $38 pinch clamp tool was well worth the money. Only had to use it twice in the last 3 years but, sure was worth it. Made easy leak free repairs.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 515
Rracer5 …….. Nothing worse than a water leak in an R.V.. It will turn an R.V. into junk quickly !!
__________________
TV= 2012 F-150 FX4 Supercab
FW= 2011 270ret Crusader
Hitch= Reese Pro Series 16K Hitch
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Rracer5 …….. Nothing worse than a water leak in an R.V.. It will turn an R.V. into junk quickly !!
For sure!!!
__________________

__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.