Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #1

Slide Gaps at Bottom

I am bringing in our Crusader for some minor warranty work and I was told by the PDI inspector it was normal, however this gap in the slide keeps bothering me. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? It is most pernounced on the curb side front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1429113547171.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	74318   Click image for larger version

Name:	1429113558160.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	74319  
OnyxSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #2

It seems pretty normal but it is also easy for them to get it to close up tighter.

There are cans underneath the slide you put a wrench on to adjust it. You can get it to pulled in more. Why it is there have them bring it in some..

I did this on my 290rlt in the drive way, It was simple, the shop should not even think twice about it.

Good luck

Robert
rscconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #3

I can't really tell by the photo, but if the seal isn't touching the main side of your RV above the tin skirting, you'll have a wet carpet while traveling in the rain. If that's the case ... the PDI guy was blowing smoke.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I can't really tell by the photo, but if the seal isn't touching the main side of your RV above the tin skirting, you'll have a wet carpet while traveling in the rain. If that's the case ... the PDI guy was blowing smoke.

X2
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #5

Seems like an obvious quality control issue, and I Have some of them in my new 2015 Roo 23IKSS, so maybe they need new QC folks in FR

2014 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB 3.5
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #6

not normal, get it fixed.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
Site Team

simple adjustment for your dealer to make, or you if ya know how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscconrad View Post
It seems pretty normal but it is also easy for them to get it to close up tighter.

There are cans underneath the slide you put a wrench on to adjust it. You can get it to pulled in more. Why it is there have them bring it in some..

I did this on my 290rlt in the drive way, It was simple, the shop should not even think twice about it.

Good luck

Robert
Yes the cans underneath will adjust the slide. But if its tight on one side and gap is on the other dont you have to more then just adjust the can?

After looking at the 2 pics, is the one with a gap a Schwintek system? If so it may be a different animal to close the gap.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #8

Yours needs adjustment.
This is not a Schwintek setup but a Lippert slide using an electric linear actuator.

I had the same issue with the same slide but at the rear side of the room. I did a little research and found a lippert YouTube video showing how to adjust the mechanism. I adjusted mine in my driveway and it fits like it should now.

FYI - you will never get the wheel fender to line up exactly. This is the one disappointment I have regarding fit and finish on these models.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #9

simple adjustment for your dealer to make, or you if ya know how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscconrad View Post

Good luck

Robert

Yes the cans underneath will adjust the slide. But if its tight on one side and gap is on the other dont you have to more then just adjust the can?

After looking at the 2 pics, is the one with a gap a Schwintek system? If so it may be a different animal to close the gap.

Just as a follow up. On my 290RLT there are two cans, you can move the side that sticks out more in, but I chose to move the side that closed tighter out, so when they pulled in there was more travel and both ended up even.

I still think the dealer should adjust it.

Robert
rscconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #10

Dropped it off with the dealer and it's 1 of the many items they are addressing. We will see how it is when I pick it up on Thursday.
OnyxSky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide