Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by superglide View Post
The original floor in my KZ was a nice plywood laminate with the tough plastic outer layer. The weak link was the edge, just as has been discussed in this thread. KZ used a thin plastic edge shield; which cracked and broke at the edge.
I attached a pic showing the edge as found with the outside metal strip removed from the slideout side. The other pics show the full cover counter-top laminate on the bottom; which is doing well after a year (just dirty). The edge 1 1/2" alum angle I used in lieu of the outside metal strip. It encloses the floor edge, filled with waterproof chalk. The flexible vinyl flashing, from Home Depot, is used to give that alum angle something to rub on other than the carpet!
I will use some of the ideas from this thread on the other slides as preventive.
First of all you did a nice job on the edges. I would be careful about the alum on the rug area's for discoloration. They do have some neoprene, what is called super slide protectors. They have a bunch of little spikes in the end that you put down next to the plastic wear bar and drain pan and hold them in place. They come in like 24" long pieces. Before you bring your slide in just lay them over your rug, they will hold from the spikes at the end. It will save your rug. If you need them for an linoleum area you need to sand those spikes off. Platokid gave me the idea to get some and they work quite well.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #422

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Has anyone heard anything new from Prime Time? Anyone have a repair made that seems to have solved the problem?

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #423

I dropped my camper off on Nov. 27 to have my slides and gelcoat repaired. I still do not have my camper back but did stop by to ask questions about how they are repairing the material under my slides. They are saying that the slides were out of adjustment and that is what was causing the problem. If I get my camper back and get to use it I will post pics of the repair and if it is holding up.
560hp 958 Max torque 3:73 gears
2015 Crusader 351REQ
cajun225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #424

I am working with PT on this issue now. The tearing on the fabric has continued on my rig and there is bare wood exposed on the kitchen slide. I am going to be bringing my rig back to Indiana in early spring for a proper fix. I am not sure what they are going to do just yet.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #425
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun225 View Post
I still do not have my camper back but did stop by to ask questions about how they are repairing the material under my slides. They are saying that the slides were out of adjustment and that is what was causing the problem. If I get my camper back and get to use it I will post pics of the repair and if it is holding up.

Yep , been there heard that before myself several times.
Adjust to spec and hopefully they wont over adjust it.
Problem is it may or may not be a factor in reducing the wear.
You cant adjust enough to fix some designs flaws. Over adjusting the slide to stop wear creates other issues. Ask me how I know
If its rubbing on plastic fabric cloth its gonna wear.

My plastic wear strips do make a good improvement to the wear prob.. Problem is the double side 3m tape that is holding them on is starting to give way in one spot. So for now I added some underbelly tape to help hold them in place.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Yep , been there heard that before myself several times.
Adjust to spec and hopefully they wont over adjust it.
Problem is it may or may not be a factor in reducing the wear.
You cant adjust enough to fix some designs flaws. Over adjusting the slide to stop wear creates other issues. Ask me how I know
If its rubbing on plastic fabric cloth its gonna wear.

My plastic wear strips do make a good improvement to the wear prob.. Problem is the double side 3m tape that is holding them on is starting to give way in one spot. So for now I added some underbelly tape to help hold them in place.
If adjustment doesn't fix my issue I will install some type of runner for the rollers. I have a epoxy that is use on Chevy Volt recalls that will hold on anything and is imposable to get off when dried. I just need to find a good material to use for the runners.
560hp 958 Max torque 3:73 gears
2015 Crusader 351REQ
cajun225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #427

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Cajun-Keep us posted and tell us how it is working and what you use. Teflon and polypropylene should be a goo material to use but the problem with them is that it is very difficult to to find something that will stick to them.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #428
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I am working with PT on this issue now. The tearing on the fabric has continued on my rig and there is bare wood exposed on the kitchen slide. I am going to be bringing my rig back to Indiana in early spring for a proper fix. I am not sure what they are going to do just yet.

This will be the 2nd time if Im correct for this repair? Good luck and please keep us posted.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
This will be the 2nd time if Im correct for this repair? Good luck and please keep us posted.
Not really, the main reason for my rig returning to the motherland last summer was not the slide wear. In fact it wasn't really even on my list of items. I did have Ron and his guys take a look at the slide alignment and they did re-align the street side slide but that is about all.

We did discuss the wear issue but it wasn't a focus. I had other issues that I needed to get fixed of a higher priority.

I've yet to hear back regarding what the plan is to deal with it. I've asked that they let me know what they plan on doing before I'll setup a time to bring the rig to them.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #430
Site Team

Quote:
Not really, the main reason for my rig returning to the motherland last summer was not the slide wear. In fact it wasn't really even on my list of items. I did have Ron and his guys take a look at the slide alignment and they did re-align the street side slide but that is about all.

We did discuss the wear issue but it wasn't a focus. I had other issues that I needed to get fixed of a higher priority.

I've yet to hear back regarding what the plan is to deal with it. I've asked that they let me know what they plan on doing before I'll setup a time to bring the rig to them.
Then you or dealer added some tape before to the exposed wood?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #431

The first issue I had with the curb side slide was an exposed screw head which caused a tear in the wrap. That was sorted by my dealer and they at that time taped up the tear. There was minimal wear at that time.

Later on when I noticed the wear which was obviously not related to the screw head I brought it to the attention of both PT and my dealer. At that time we left it to see how much more it would wear. I knew I'd be bringing my rig back to my dealer for a few other issues and I wanted to wait. When I did bring the rig to the dealer they adjusted the slide and applied darco tape.

After that I had Shane send me tape so that I could apply it myself in case it was needed. The wear slowed and did not continue after that.

It was only when we used our rig over New Years I noticed that the wear had started again, this time along the rear edge of the curb side, where it hadn't shown much wear before. There was wood exposed. I did not tape it, since the temps were well below freezing outside and the tape wouldn't stick. I took some pictures and reached out to PT.

I hope that makes sense now.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #432
Site Team

Quote:
The first issue I had with the curb side slide was an exposed screw head which caused a tear in the wrap. That was sorted by my dealer and they at that time taped up the tear. There was minimal wear at that time.

Later on when I noticed the wear which was obviously not related to the screw head I brought it to the attention of both PT and my dealer. At that time we left it to see how much more it would wear. I knew I'd be bringing my rig back to my dealer for a few other issues and I wanted to wait. When I did bring the rig to the dealer they adjusted the slide and applied darco tape.

After that I had Shane send me tape so that I could apply it myself in case it was needed. The wear slowed and did not continue after that.

It was only when we used our rig over New Years I noticed that the wear had started again, this time along the rear edge of the curb side, where it hadn't shown much wear before. There was wood exposed. I did not tape it, since the temps were well below freezing outside and the tape wouldn't stick. I took some pictures and reached out to PT.

I hope that makes sense now.
Yes , and thanks for clarifying.
Shane and Rick both know about the wear strips. Works good for stopping wear on the edges. The only issues I have is the double sided tape has started to loosen on one of the strips. I did add darco tape to that spot for know. If you go that route with the strips I would also recommend getting the "slide-slickers" for inside for them to glide on.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #433

Our 2014 Crusader is in for warranty work including the tearing of the fabric under the slide. I was at rv show yesterday and looked at several different models that had a black coating similar to spray on bed liner. Does anyone know what this material is and if it could be applied to our problem? Does Prime Time acknowledge that the material they are using is a problem? thanks
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #434
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufys View Post
Our 2014 Crusader is in for warranty work including the tearing of the fabric under the slide. I was at rv show yesterday and looked at several different models that had a black coating similar to spray on bed liner. Does anyone know what this material is and if it could be applied to our problem? Does Prime Time acknowledge that the material they are using is a problem? thanks
My living room slide has what Rvguy told me to be bedliner spray bottom.
They should know all about this fabric wear problem!

You may want to read this post from the rvguy http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post457231

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #435

We are headed to the Toronto RV show tomorrow and our dealer will have Crusaders there. I am going to take a look at them to see if they have changed the design.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 01-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #436
Site Team

Quote:
We are headed to the Toronto RV show tomorrow and our dealer will have Crusaders there. I am going to take a look at them to see if they have changed the design.
Seen a few Crusaders with a hard type plastic sheeting on the bottom last summer at the rv dealer. Then again we also seen some with the fabric too. The main slide most of the time with the fabric is the kitchen or fridge slide. If not all the time.

Madison rv show coming up in a week or 2, but they have no pt units.
Chicago rv show next month and we will be heading to that show.
Fun way to spend the day for us rv junkies.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #437

The only Crusaders at this show were 2 2014 models from my selling dealer. Both of which had the darco wrap underneath the slides and both were showing wear.

I did see the PT rep Josh and questioned him on it (more for fun than anything else, as I knew he'd have little input) and he said he was no aware of the issue and pointed me towards Rick. I can't really blame him, it's not his area of expertise and he may even have been told to deflect any questions about it.

DW and I did spend a bit of time sitting in a Sanibel. A GREAT rig, but sadly is WAY out of my league in terms of price and my trucks ability to haul it. Maybe some day.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Rick and Ron as to what they plan on doing about my rig before I commit to bringing it back to them.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #438

It looks like I will be bringing my 295RST back to my selling dealer to have the 'slide kit' installed. We will see how that goes.

At least it will be handled by my dealer with PT's permission. Only my curb side slide is wearing at this point. I never did get any wear on the street side slide. I am going to ask that both slides get the wear kit installed though. We will see where that request lands.

It makes no sense for me to drag it back to Indiana at this point. Originally I had planned on attending the FROG, but now that I am not going making the trip for only this doesn't add up.

It did take a bit of back and forth to set this up, but I had absolutely no doubt that PT would stand behind their product and make it right. I am closing in on 2 years of ownership with my rig, including over 15,000 towing miles and about 100 nights in it and I am Very happy to say that we are as pleased with our decision to buy a PT product now as I was the day we signed the deal.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 02-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #439

My 295 is currently at dealer awaiting the slide kit to arrive to be installed. I was well armed with copies of the last 1 1/2 years posts from this forum. The slide on the street side is torn in a couple of places and is wearing more than the curb side. There is a square patch on the street side slide that looks like it might have been damaged at the factory. Let us know how it goes and I will report on my fix.
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #440

My dealer is contacting PT for the slide wear kit. Once they have received them I will bring it in for repair. Should all be sorted in a few weeks.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD

Tags
slide, slide out