Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #231

So today I took a ride over to the Crusader dealer. I looked under the slide-outs. From what I could see it looked like a black tape on the end edges. It felt like plywood under the tape. I could see it tearing after many opening and closings! Other than that having the Touring Edition package for free it was a nice trailer. I also was informed in my area of the country the free Touring Edition package ended March 1st. I could still order one but I would have to pay for the Touring Package {$5000}. They offered me peanuts on my 2 year old TT. So I'll enjoy my nice TT for another season and if the package comes back next winter like it has for the past 2-3 years I might look into the Crusader again and keep a eye on the slide-out edge situation!.
By the way I looked at a 294RLT and a 295RST. Both of these where delivered to the dealer recently.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #232
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

MB2011, you might want to check with other Prime Time dealers. I think you'll find some Crusaders with the touring package in their inventory's as the terrible winter weather made for very slow sales.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
MB2011, you might want to check with other Prime Time dealers. I think you'll find some Crusaders with the touring package in their inventory's as the terrible winter weather made for very slow sales.
Primetime has always brought back the Touring Package. I like to order
mine from the factory with the options I want. As I looked today I say people and employees walk into the Crusaders with shoes on and walk on the carpets looking into the living room and bedrooms. Its still winter here and the parking lot was not dry! I wonder how many other times people have walked in and out.
This dealer was 20-25 minutes from my house so if I have to bring it back for service I am pretty close! Next closest dealer is 2 hours away.
Like I said maybe they will work on a solution for the slide-outs underneath material. There's just to many people having problems. I will say for the price with the Touring Edition Package it's a nice 5th wheel.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #234

General RV has several Crusader models on their website with the Touring Edition...probably more WITH than without it actually - too bad they deleted the central vac system from it
Old 03-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
General RV has several Crusader models on their website with the Touring Edition...probably more WITH than without it actually - too bad they deleted the central vac system from it

They had to give up the vac system to pay for the led lights and some other things.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
They had to give up the vac system to pay for the led lights and some other things.

Sad but true....guess I will replace my own light bulbs for LED and will be able to save power while using my central vac since ours had it in the package !!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post

Thank you for the info heavynlori!
Yes they have lots of the 295RST. I'm in New Hampshire just a little to far for me to travel. And if I paid for delivery I would like to see it before I buy it. Yes I remember when they were putting the central vac in the Touring package!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #238

Currently we have a TT that we love. I have upgraded my truck so I thought I would start looking at 5th wheels. Being retired I have plenty of time to check these rigs out. If I was 30 years younger I would have bought one yesterday. Impulsive buyer back then! Now I go with the flow and when it happens I will grab one. This site has taught me about the many plus's about Crusader's and the very few negative's about the Crusader!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #239

Has anyone had any water issues so far with this?

I have a 2014 Tracer 2670bh.. when I closed it up in October I didn't notice any fraying(yet). but now im worried that this issue is inevitable. my warranty runs out this June and so far its not fraying so really nothing to show my dealer.. According though to RVGUY this was only an extra layer of protection and the wood is waterproof?
how do I know what kind of tape or floor I have on my 2670? he said there is three different kind of floors, what kind does my tracer have? Im just worried now about the longtivity of this camper. I don't want leaking issues down the road and my dealer im sure wont fix this issue if there is no issue to begin with.... but my luck would have it that it starts fraying this summer right after the warranty runs out
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #240
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
I have a 2014 Tracer 2670bh.. when I closed it up in October I didn't notice any fraying(yet). but now im worried that this issue is inevitable. my warranty runs out this June and so far its not fraying so really nothing to show my dealer.. According though to RVGUY this was only an extra layer of protection and the wood is waterproof?
how do I know what kind of tape or floor I have on my 2670? he said there is three different kind of floors, what kind does my tracer have? Im just worried now about the longtivity of this camper. I don't want leaking issues down the road and my dealer im sure wont fix this issue if there is no issue to begin with.... but my luck would have it that it starts fraying this summer right after the warranty runs out
I thinking you will be fine! I had a 2013 2670bhs and it showed no signs of wear in the 8 months I had it. My tracer did not have the darco wrap crap on it. Mine had a wood floor with tape / sealant on the ends if I remember right.
Like anything else keep a eye on it.

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out