Old 04-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #271
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Attachment 50626Attachment 50627Attachment 50628

It does look like I have some darco wrapped edge on the one slide but no signs of wearing. Main floor bottom feels like a hard thin plastic sheeting.
Glad to see PT is making improvements.
Interesting pictures for sure. thanks for posting

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #272

I sent an email to rvguy asking if the 10f part number could be bought from the dealer and have them install sent it on 4/20 so far no response. Out of initial warranty soon sure would like to get this taken care of, even at some cost.

Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #273
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clif View Post
I sent an email to rvguy asking if the 10f part number could be bought from the dealer and have them install sent it on 4/20 so far no response. Out of initial warranty soon sure would like to get this taken care of, even at some cost.
Did you try calling pt ??
Seasonal
Old 05-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #274

My warranty has expired on ours. I called pt to discuss the wearing problem on the 12' slide. I did have the special tape installed by our dealer at pt direction. They acted dumb founded and I was the only one with the problem. They were calling my dealer and was suppose to get back to me. Still have not heard anything - going on 7 weeks now.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 LTZ
2013 Crusader 325RES
ntrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrlz View Post
My warranty has expired on ours. I called pt to discuss the wearing problem on the 12' slide. I did have the special tape installed by our dealer at pt direction. They acted dumb founded and I was the only one with the problem. They were calling my dealer and was suppose to get back to me. Still have not heard anything - going on 7 weeks now.

If it's been 7 weeks I would be calling again. They obviously forgot. Stay on too of them. Squeaky wheel always get oil first. Unfortunately you have to follow through with everyone these days until your satisfied.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #276

My 5th wheel is now in the RV shop for over 3 weeks and I am waiting on a final resolution regarding the worn Darco tape. After the service dept said PT would only authorize more Darco tape and the dealer would try the polyethylene slick strips as a courtesy with no warranty, I called PT and spoke with Rick. He later emailed this info: "I have found two different slide floors that we are currently using. One is a floorbrace, it has a smooth finish on the bottom, similar to the underbelly. The second is the Darco tape; but I have noticed that there are corners that they are using. Iím looking into this." I sent him pictures as he requested and hopefully they will do more than just add more Darco tape. The corners to which he referred may be the plastic shields at the sides (where the tape wears) and wrap over the corners. There is a picture of this on another post. Everyone who has this problem should call PT.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #277
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDiesel View Post
My 5th wheel is now in the RV shop for over 3 weeks and I am waiting on a final resolution regarding the worn Darco tape. After the service dept said PT would only authorize more Darco tape and the dealer would try the polyethylene slick strips as a courtesy with no warranty, I called PT and spoke with Rick. He later emailed this info: "I have found two different slide floors that we are currently using. One is a floorbrace, it has a smooth finish on the bottom, similar to the underbelly. The second is the Darco tape; but I have noticed that there are corners that they are using. Iím looking into this." I sent him pictures as he requested and hopefully they will do more than just add more Darco tape. The corners to which he referred may be the plastic shields at the sides (where the tape wears) and wrap over the corners. There is a picture of this on another post. Everyone who has this problem should call PT.

3 weeks, I have been waiting for a year!! Do keep us all posted on the outcome.
Seasonal
Old 05-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #278
Plain Old Member

You can purchase those plastic glides that fit under the edges about 6" and turn up and tuck under the end wall trim. They go all the way inside and contour to the wedge as well. These are not specific to any brand, as most slides have similar floors and wedge design. If PT won't help, I'd just go get my own. They are fairly simple to install after studying how they did mine. I'll be back at the dealer in another week or so, and I will ask them where they order them from. They stock them for this very reason (worn darco), as just about every FR brand has this problem, and other brands as well. Our dealer doesn't carry PT, but the problem is industry wide.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #279
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
You can purchase those plastic glides that fit under the edges about 6" and turn up and tuck under the end wall trim. They go all the way inside and contour to the wedge as well. These are not specific to any brand, as most slides have similar floors and wedge design. If PT won't help, I'd just go get my own. They are fairly simple to install after studying how they did mine. I'll be back at the dealer in another week or so, and I will ask them where they order them from. They stock them for this very reason (worn darco), as just about every FR brand has this problem, and other brands as well. Our dealer doesn't carry PT, but the problem is industry wide.
Post a few pics if you can. I would think the slide-out would have to be jacked up some to get the part installed.
Most units I have seen that have this kind of bottom have the strips as well.
Seasonal
Old 05-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #280
Plain Old Member

I'll dig the pictures up again. They're on another thread somewhere around here. You do have to jack up the slide. Extend the slide until it's 2-3 inches from full extension, then evenly jack up the floor just enough to slide the glides in place. Obviously you need to use a 4x4 or something to distribute the jack under the floor. Loosen or remove the bottom end wall trim where the vertical portion of the glide will slide up under it. The glides are glued in place, then trim reinstalled. I had the dealer install these on all 4 of our slides before we'd accept it. But, if I ever get another camper without them, I'll probably do it myself. Really not much to them.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out