Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #281
Plain Old Member

Here you go. On the first picture, you can barely see it, but if you look close, you can see the glide contoured to the wedge, just above the white strip. Second picture, you can barely see it, but it is tucked under the trim on the end wall, and goes about 6 inches under the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Glide Inside.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	52030  
Attached Images

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Here you go. On the first picture, you can barely see it, but if you look close, you can see the glide contoured to the wedge, just above the white strip. Second picture, you can barely see it, but it is tucked under the trim on the end wall, and goes about 6 inches under the slide.
I don't understand your first picture at all?

Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #283
Plain Old Member

Green arrows are pointing at the plastic glide installed under the slide floor. Can't really think of any other way to explain it. The darco rubbing on that white strip is what causes the wearing. This strip is mounted under the floor on each end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Glide%20Inside.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	52033  
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #284

Quote:
Green arrows are pointing at the plastic glide installed under the slide floor. Can't really think of any other way to explain it. The darco rubbing on that white strip is what causes the wearing. This strip is mounted under the floor on each end.
Bigjohn, you are correct. The plastic slides will stop that. They are all the same size, you do not have to jack the floor up. You just let the slide out til right before it would tilt forward. You install them from the inside out. Call FR parts department tell them that you need a set of slide edges. If he says for what unit just tell them a Rockwood 8289WS. If they want your last 5 in the vin # PM me and I will give you mine. They will end your problem.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #285
Plain Old Member

I'm guessing you were directing the calling FR to the PT owners on the thread. The pictures above are of mine installed from day 1 of ownership.

I'm going to try and find out when I go pick ours up (In shop again for repairs, ugh), but curious as to who manufacturers those strips. I know it's not a Forest River thing. Anybody know?? I've seen them installed on many other brands as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #286
Site Team

Quote:
I'm guessing you were directing the calling FR to the PT owners on the thread. The pictures above are of mine installed from day 1 of ownership.

I'm going to try and find out when I go pick ours up (In shop again for repairs, ugh), but curious as to who manufacturers those strips. I know it's not a Forest River thing. Anybody know?? I've seen them installed on many other brands as well.
I seen several types of strips on different units. Some are thin n flimsy some are more robust n thicker. I have seen the ones on the newer rockwoods and I don't think they will last to long.

Thanks for posting the pics
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I seen several types of strips on different units. Some are thin n flimsy some are more robust n thicker. I have seen the ones on the newer rockwoods and I don't think they will last to long.

Thanks for posting the pics
That could be, I have two slides with them on. On the side where my stove and refer are has cracked and been replaced. We have that neo nylon strip at each end as in that picture. They are pretty cheap and easy to install. It will take you longer to unscrew the trim outside that seals the 90 then to install them. They staple them to the underbody. Have not ever had a problem with the staples in 2 years. The only reason they are there is really to protect the edge of the wood from water damage. I'm sure plastic on nylon will slide easier but when I removed mine when it cracked I never noticed or heard any difference going in or out.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney View Post
10F009458 is this a Forest River part#?

How are they attached and can they be installed without removing the slide from the trailer?
I verified with my dealer and that it is a FR part #. Weather or not it is what we want I will not know until Monday.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
I verified with my dealer and that it is a FR part #. Weather or not it is what we want I will not know until Monday.
Yes they can you just start to bring the slide in it will raise so you can add the srtip. On the outside you will see a bar that runs along the bottom about 1'' up. just remove the screws and insert the part from the inside out. It has a 45 degree angle that fits the contour of the slide floor. FR uses staples to hold the 6" flat bottom to the outer floor. I have never had a problem with them. Make sure your staple gun will shoot them in flat. This will end the material rap problem that they are using tape for. At least that is my opinion. It has to be installed from the inside out. Tape will never hold up. Next time mine breaks, I will just epoxy the edge so that it is protected from water. But I also do not have that fabric like PT.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #290
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
Lynkage,

How did it go with the part at the dealer?

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out