Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #581

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Has anyone seen the Darco wrap failure on a bed room Swintek driven slide? The slide has 2 rollers. The one on the right barely contact the bottom and will turn and sometimes skip with no damage to the Darco and has a slight gap when fully opened. The left roller contacts all the time and does not turn. It touches the bottom all the time and has torn and damaged the bottom.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #582
Site Team

The slide out leaking postings would be better off in a thread of its own. Rather then change the topic of an existing thread. Also less confusing to folks looking for info on either topic.

Update: If you were following the slide-out leaking posts , here's a link to the new thread.http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-96182.html

Tiggerdad, I moved the 2nd half of your post to start the new thread topic.
Thanks
Site team

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #583

Hey guys. Has anyone looked at or tried the Vinyl flashing as an option or replacement fix for the plastic slide strips? I found a roll of vinyl flashing at Home Depot. It is 14" wide and 30' long. The label claims it is bendable and will hold its shape. I was thinking of getting a roll and creating a bend that would slip under the trim on the end of the slide to cover the Darco fabric. I'd cut the Vinyl into 4 inch strips and use 3M double side tape to secure. I don't know if this will work. I figured it would be more durable than the plastic strips. However, I was not sure if anyone else has tried the vinyl option before I give it a whirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #584

So the black wrap tears from usage is their a DYI kit you can install?
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #585

The PT fix is holding up with zero issues on my rig. I would personally think it would not be that hard to come up with something yourself. The pressure of the slide itself will for the most part keep it attached. Just a few screws in the side to hold it there should work.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:05 PM   #586

The dealer installed the strips delivered by FR.
On one he did not clean the surface properly and that one fell off,
I re-glued in with contact cement, now it is OK, I hope
wamafi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswalds View Post
Hey guys. Has anyone looked at or tried the Vinyl flashing as an option or replacement fix for the plastic slide strips? I found a roll of vinyl flashing at Home Depot. It is 14" wide and 30' long. The label claims it is bendable and will hold its shape. I was thinking of getting a roll and creating a bend that would slip under the trim on the end of the slide to cover the Darco fabric. I'd cut the Vinyl into 4 inch strips and use 3M double side tape to secure. I don't know if this will work. I figured it would be more durable than the plastic strips. However, I was not sure if anyone else has tried the vinyl option before I give it a whirl.

Kind of what I did. I used vinyl gutter guards.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #588

Here's my attempted fix. Went to Joann Fabrics and purchased two yards of 16 gauge clear vinyl for $12 dollars. Cut the vinyl into strips 1.75 inches wide. Removed the trim molding and inserted the vinyl behind the trim. I used silicone to as a sealant around the screws. Tighten the screws, applied silicone to the top of the trim, and done. The vinyl extends 1/4" below the bottom board. As soon as I was done it started to rain. So far it's working as an effective drip edge. No water on the bottom of the board. Only time will tell how the vinyl will hold up. However, it only took me about an hour to do both rear slides. If it lasts a year, I can redo it. Better that than a rotten floor. Here are a couple pics of the finished job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463265210.600413.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	107875

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463265223.668721.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	107876

Old 05-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #589

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I used some 90 degree flashing from Home Depot to do the same thing. Watch the silicone carefully. Has a tendency to shrink and pull loose. Dicor or a polyurethane sealant is the best and permanent.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #590
WFD

Hey Griswalds.....doesn't the fact that it extends about 1/4" below the trim piece interfere with the slide moving in and out. I would think that 1/4 " would catch or something on the way in and bend or tear, or get hung up on the hard plastic piece on the floor of the trailer as it comes in.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #591

The vinyl is playable and curves outward when the slide is retracted. It doesn't interfere with the seals. I rounded the corner of the vinyl on the inside edge to ensure it didn't catch a seal. Only time will really tell. I was going to go an 1/8" below the board, but thought that might not be enough during heavy rains with cross winds.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #592

Help! I contacted service at Forest River (Wildwood, Rialto CA factory). Service rep told me he had never heard of the repair strips for the bottom of the slide but he would "note that I called". Didn't really have any suggestions for repair other than "maybe mylar strips". For those of you who have ordered and received the repair strips, who did you talk to? Do you have a phone number?
wildwoodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #593

to wildwoodtraveler.
These strips are available from Forest River, I would have to look up,
if I still have the order#.
To install them yourself, you have to lift the slide out up a little, slide them
in, glue them on with contact cement.
I will look up the phone and part number tonight, the dealer
should know about this, there's is lots of problems with the underside
of the slides.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #594

Hi wildwoodtraveler,
here it is,
The fix for the damage on the bottom of slide should be fixed with the mod kit from FR:
The part number for the pair of wear strips is Prime Time # 10F16032A.
Hopefully this will fix it when they repair it in the fall.
Let me know if you can get this parts, my dealer ordered them
and installed the parts, I had to reglue one of the strips.
Good Luck
Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #595

Thank you! I will call the Primetime division to see if they still have the part. The Wildwood division hadn't heard of the problem (so they say). However, on the second message left, a nice fellow by the name of Aaron called me back and said he had seen one fix where they installed the metal rock guard plates in the roller paths. Placed the textured side to face the roller. Loosened the slide track bolts, lifted the slide slightly and slipped the rock guard plate all the way under the roller. They cut the rock guard to fit. At least now I know what should be done. Have an appointment with CW. Then again, maybe my brother-in-law can tackle this project. He is the wizard of all things repairable.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #596

hi wildwoodtraveler again:
These strips supplied by FR, are made of black plastic.
For the big kitchen slide, they are flat pieces, about 3 inches wide,
for the dining slide, they are installed at the edge of the slide and fit slightly
over the edge.
Hope this helps
Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #597

Wear strips for bottom of slideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamafi43 View Post
hi wildwoodtraveler again:
These strips supplied by FR, are made of black plastic.
For the big kitchen slide, they are flat pieces, about 3 inches wide,
for the dining slide, they are installed at the edge of the slide and fit slightly
over the edge.
Hope this helps
Hello there again - here's an update on my quest to resolve the problem of the Darco shredding on bottom of my slide out. I have now spoken to Vince at the Indiana facility 574-534-4476. He told me the Wildwoods are made in Indiana, Rialto CA and in Oregon. Each facility has different suppliers and they do not share a common software to research parts. Having said that, the Indiana facility has what I believe are the parts referenced in the quote above. They wrap the side edges of the slide out and measure 2 3/8"x45 1/2"x3/4". The right side is part #90M24263A and the left side is part #90M24264A. They have tape strips for attachment. I think they would need to be screwed down. Probably countersink and use flat head stainless steel screws. I'm going to have my dealer order them. Vince said they were inexpensive (pricing is a secret to customers - go figure).

I still need to resolve the issue of shredding under the rollers as these wear strips don't extend far enough under the trailer. Not sure about the Diamond Plate rock guard suggested by Aaron at the Rialto plant will work. Might be too thick. My quest continues. Just thought I would share the part numbers in case anyone is looking for that solution. If anyone else has ideas, I will be most appreciative.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #598

Just purchased these kits for my 2014 295RST, but haven't installed them yet. My son just bought another brand 5th wheel(not Forrest River related) and they too have the strips already installed. I have to agree with others who have said the PT is entry level (everything except price) The higher up models have fiberglass or plastic sheeting under the slides and are sealed much better. My bedroom slide also has issues with water having leaked onto the particle board underneath and it is now falling apart. Haven't come up with a fix for it yet.
rrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #599

Well this is also happening to our 2016 Prime Time Crusader purchased in May of 2016 sent an email to rkoelndorfer@forestriverinc.com as my unit is till under warranty. I understand the fix is the installation of long plastic type panels seems simple. Would imagine they will want me to take the Crusader into the dealer for me that's the worst part 1 1/2 hrs to drop off 1 1/2 hrs to come home and repeat for pick up such a hassle.

I fix what I can on my own & don't go to the dealer unless I have to. So can someone explain the installation process?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5557.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	128319   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5560.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	128320  
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Well this is also happening to our 2016 Prime Time Crusader purchased in May of 2016 sent an email to rkoelndorfer@forestriverinc.com as my unit is till under warranty. I understand the fix is the installation of long plastic type panels seems simple. Would imagine they will want me to take the Crusader into the dealer for me that's the worst part 1 1/2 hrs to drop off 1 1/2 hrs to come home and repeat for pick up such a hassle.

I fix what I can on my own & don't go to the dealer unless I have to. So can someone explain the installation process?
Ask the FR rep to give you the numbers for any approved local RV techs or dealers in your area.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out