Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #411
Site Team

Kinda looks like PT has gone to a different material on the slide bottoms? The results may be the same.
Here is a link that might be worth a read again. Check it out

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #412

Update.

Camper has been at dealer for 2 weeks now and they still cannot tell me how they will be fixing this problem or the problem with gel coat cracking. Someone called me from Prime Time once and gave me his number now wont return my calls. He said he would contact the dealer and has not.

Not a happy camper.

560hp 958 Max torque 3:73 gears
2015 Crusader 351REQ
cajun225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #413
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun225 View Post
Update.

Camper has been at dealer for 2 weeks now and they still cannot tell me how they will be fixing this problem or the problem with gel coat cracking. Someone called me from Prime Time once and gave me his number now wont return my calls. He said he would contact the dealer and has not.

Not a happy camper.
If it was me um..... I get someone else at pt involved. Recommend Rick or Shane Imus. Be nice, persistent and 2 weeks without any communications from pt is too long. I would also be asking my dealer to work on contacting pt.
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #414

Well Rick is the person I talked to first and told me he would call the dealer then call me back.
2015 Crusader 351REQ
Old 12-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #415

Reach out to Shane Imus. He is amazing to deal with. Might be a bit hard to get hold of sometimes but he does his best.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #416

Ok don't know if it was this update to my post or the email I sent to PT but I did get a call from Rick(I missed the call) and emails from Rick. This may all be a communication issue. Will find out Monday.

I'm impressed with the quick response from PT and this may all be a issue with my dealer that is why I'm trying to make sure this is repaired correctly. Don't trust my dealer much.
2015 Crusader 351REQ
Old 12-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun225 View Post
Ok don't know if it was this update to my post or the email I sent to PT but I did get a call from Rick(I missed the call) and emails from Rick. This may all be a communication issue. Will find out Monday.

I'm impressed with the quick response from PT and this may all be a issue with my dealer that is why I'm trying to make sure this is repaired correctly. Don't trust my dealer much.
Hate to say it but I will "do not ever trust a dealer" I know there are some good ones but they are few and far between. I'll tell you a little story, My slide roof ripped from my sirius antenna. The work was so bad that I complained. They told me if I didn't like there service work to find a new dealer. Well when I went to the rally after I sent pictures of the repair. They replaced the whole roof on the slide. I talked to the head guy from Rockwood after dinner to thank them. He said that he was going to call the dealer. After about a month I thought it was just talk. Then I got a email and a apology from the dealer saying they had a call from FR. Then said they would be glad to have me come back and have them due my service work. It was all just a misunderstanding, ya right and I'll sell you that bridge......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #418

Slide underbelly materials

New to forum and want to share my experience with KZ toyhauler. Discovered last year the main slide floor had rotted at the ends or slide sides. The floor was laminated with a plastic outer layer, plastic slide pieces on the ends. The plastic had cracked and broken away in several areas. Water wicked into the plywood laminate floor and caused the damage. Likely happened over time as I bought this RV used. This slide is 12' long for living/dinning room.
I used 2x4 "stilts to hold the slide up while extended, to remove the rams and drop the floor. Build a new floor by laminating plywood (glue and screw) for 1" thickness. Laminated counter-top material to the plywood for a durable and waterproof bottom, using contact cement as you would for regular counter-top. This still leaves the edges vulnerable and so I fabricated aluminum strips to hang down just below the edge to direct water. Did not like that and so I got alum angle to go under the outside strip and wrap around the edge of the floor. Realizing this could rub on the new carpet I use vinyl flashing (doubled) for the floor ends to ride on. The vinyl flashing comes in rolls and I use a 12' length for a carpet protector, with the ends doubled. I do tape this protector down and that is a bit of a pain but worth it.
Been on the road since May this year and this solution has worked well.

Just looked at the Sanibel and really like it for the next step RV. Found this forum looking for potential issues. Been there, done that! Now I am uncertain about Prime Time!
Thanks
Old 12-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #419

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Superglide-Thanks for the update. More failures are going to occur because PT used MDF on some slide floors. There could not be a worse material for that. I used roof flashing out of aluminum like you did on two of my slides because the Darco is not water proof but the aluminum will keep water away from the ends.

Sure would be nice to see picture of your work.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #420

KZ floor repair

The original floor in my KZ was a nice plywood laminate with the tough plastic outer layer. The weak link was the edge, just as has been discussed in this thread. KZ used a thin plastic edge shield; which cracked and broke at the edge.
I attached a pic showing the edge as found with the outside metal strip removed from the slideout side. The other pics show the full cover counter-top laminate on the bottom; which is doing well after a year (just dirty). The edge 1 1/2" alum angle I used in lieu of the outside metal strip. It encloses the floor edge, filled with waterproof chalk. The flexible vinyl flashing, from Home Depot, is used to give that alum angle something to rub on other than the carpet!
I will use some of the ideas from this thread on the other slides as preventive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outside floor edge 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	67792   Click image for larger version

Name:	laminate 1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	67793   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010005.jpg
Views:	102