Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #561

Slide outi

To all the Forest River bottom slide out problem owners.
There is a mod available from Forest River, but this mod will only fix if the two sides (bottom edge) have damage. If it is tracks in the middle, I don't know what they do, except replacing the whole bottom piece plus a new seal all across . If this fixes the problem in the long run, I don't know.
The wear marks are where the rollers are located. My Sanibel is in the shop since the 11 of July, tomorrow, I'm picking up the trailer, not repaired, so I can use it for the rest of the camping season and bring it back in the fall.
Apparently Forest River is very, very slow to deliver the parts needed.
If they would manufacture the trailers right in the first place, everybody would be happy and they could save themselves a lot of money.
The Sanibel is a nice trailer and it is beyond me, why the don't want to keep the customers coming back to their brand.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #562
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeliner187 View Post
Just checked my brand new 2016 Lacrosse 330RST and not too impressed
Looked your unit up on google, is that wear in the area of where the carpet and lino floor meet? Feel with your hand for carpet tacks as they may not be seated. Also pull down the bottom seal and look under the slide for an obstruction.

Most of my wear was on the edges. But did have some center wear in the lino meets carpet area. Had some high carpet tacks that I tapped down.

From the pic it looks like your also missing part of the wiper/seal in that area.

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #563

Slide out

It is mostly underneath the fridge, double door, and right now the slide is digging into the floor, for now I have the slide riding on to a piece of thin plywood for the time being.
I think the marks are where the slide rollers are located.
The whole slide needs adjusting anyway, not closing as much at the bottom then on the top.
How did the trailer ever left the factory, must have been a Friday finish trailer.
If these trailers would be cheap I could understand such workmanship ship, but the don't really give them away.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #564

Just want to update you about my slide problem.
I picked up my trailer this morning, not fixed yet, will be done in the fall when the dealer get the parts in.
One problem I had when I pushed out the kitchen slide, the slide made a bang when moving out. The dealer fixed that, they had screws in the floor, or somewhere, being to long and where catching somewhere on the slide going out.
The fix for the damage on the bottom of slide should be fixed with the mod kit from FR:
The part number for the pair of wear strips is Prime Time # 10F16032A.
Hopefully this will fix it when they repair it in the fall.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #565
Site Team

Too bad primetime don't put the strips on at the factory.
This is a well known ongoing problem.
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #566

Slide

This is the question I have been asking also.
Since FR knows about this problem for years, what's stopping them to install them in the first place?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #567

If you have your dealer properly install the slide wear kit from PT the issue will be solved. Months later after my dealer installed the wear kit my slides are 100% fine. DO NOT let them just install them on one slide even if there is only wear occurring on one. Have them do both since sooner or later both will wear. In the case of the Crusader almost always the side that shows wear is the kitchen slide. Makes sense due to all the extra weight on that side.

I still fail to understand why PT isn't redesigning this or at a minimum installing the slide wear kits. If this fabric wears and water gets in it is DEATH for these slides.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #568

I also don't understand why Prime Time hasn't fixed this slide problem. I have a beautiful 2013 Sanibel with the same issue. I noticed these threads go back two years! My RV had been in my RV shop for over two months waiting for responses from PT. The first approved "fix" was some worthless tape! Today, they finally agreed to send the #10F16032A repair kit. Of course it's out of stock, so we'll see how much longer this mess will go on! PT doesn't like to approve warranty work that takes time! As a member of this forum for a couple of years, I too would like to hear from the RV guy again. I really would like to thank the members of this forum for alerting me to this problem.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #569

I have 2015 Sanibel, brand new, I have been fixing all kinds of problems, but now, the dealer has to fix the rest
Also have the problem with the bottom of the slides and since the mod fixes this problem, I think it's time that Forest River gets of their butt and manufactures these parts .
I have two on order plus other parts, will see how long it takes to get those parts. I had the trailer at the dealer and finally picked up the unit (not fixed) to use it for the rest of the season and bring it back ones they have all the parts needed. It is a 1100 Km trip there and back.
I just hope I get it done before the warranty runs out.
Maybe we all start to complain a lot louder since all the Forest River units have this problem.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #570

I'm so sad about all your problems with your beautiful new Sanibel. Hopefully they'll all get repaired and you can enjoy it for years to come. One of the Sanibel benefits is the 2-year warranty. We're glad our Sanibel was all checked out before that expired. Other than the length of time it took to get approvals from PT, all our defects have or will be repaired. Good luck with yours. We love our Sanibel!

Tags
slide, slide out