Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamafi43 View Post
I have two on order plus other parts, will see how long it takes to get those parts.
Took about 10 days from the time I ordered to receive my parts that I ordered from Forest River. Ordered 2 sets of the Plastic Wear Strips, 1 set to fix the bedroom slide on our Windjammer which were in bad shape. The other to use as a template to have some custom made ones from stainless steel.

The replacement versions are basically the same, with exception that they use double sided tape strips instead of staples to attach to the bottom of the slide out. I also replaced the carpet rub bars

cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #572

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I have been following this thread and may have missed it but I am wondering if anyone has had the fix done on the bedroom slide with the Swintek? I have a deep depression where one of the rollers ride but after looking at the Swintek and how the mechanism works it appears, to me, that lifting the slide with the "fix" would raise it slightly and perhaps put the contact surfaces out of alignment and possibly causing a problem.

Has anyone had the strips installed on the bedroom slide and if so, how long/many times have you opened/closed the slide?

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #573

The only problem area I have on my Sanibel 3250 is on the kitchen slide out (really bad) and on the dinette slide (bad), but the bedroom slide looks good, no damage at all.
Sorry can't help you with this slide.
All the best and I hope you get it repaired.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #574

I have a 2015 Sanibel 3901 fifth wheel. I too am experiencing wear under my kitchen slide. The residue ends up inside the unit after the slide is closed. Taking it back to the dealer soon with several small issues to fix.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:09 PM   #575

Kitchen slide out

Just a follow up on my kitchen slide out story.
The trailer was in for three weeks to repair the problem.
They adjusted the slide now it pull in closer at the bottom, the floor in front of the fridge has to be replaced, the floor is damaged, for now I put a thin piece of plywood down and let the slide move on to it, otherwise the floor will rip.
They installed the slide out kit on both slides, will see how this will work in the long run.
The kitchen slide still makes a bang ones the slide goes out about 4 inches, they told me that comes from the seal on the bottom. The seal flips over when the slides moves out.
Apparently all Sanibels do this, all your Sanibel owners out there, mine is a 2015
3250 Sanibel, do you have this banging problem?
Please let me know, I'm not sure if I'm let down the garden path from the dealer!!
Thank you!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #576

2014 Sanibel 3551

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamafi43 View Post
Just a follow up on my kitchen slide out story.
The trailer was in for three weeks to repair the problem.
They adjusted the slide now it pull in closer at the bottom, the floor in front of the fridge has to be replaced, the floor is damaged, for now I put a thin piece of plywood down and let the slide move on to it, otherwise the floor will rip.
They installed the slide out kit on both slides, will see how this will work in the long run.
The kitchen slide still makes a bang ones the slide goes out about 4 inches, they told me that comes from the seal on the bottom. The seal flips over when the slides moves out.
Apparently all Sanibels do this, all your Sanibel owners out there, mine is a 2015
3250 Sanibel, do you have this banging problem?
Please let me know, I'm not sure if I'm let down the garden path from the dealer!!
Thank you!

Mine doesn't make a bang noise it just eats my bottom seal (4 of them). I take mine into the dealer end of this month. Prime Time is telling the dealer to take the whole kitchen slide competley out. Me and my wife are just fed up with Prime Time. We paid top dollar for this piece crap. If not fixed this time they will be talking to my lawyer. Enough said.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #577

Kitchen slide

If you have a 3250, the bottom seal on the kitchen slide should be one piece.
With the slide kit from Forest River the whole slide is higher and should prevent the bottom of the slide being torn up like most of the slides on these trailers, not just Sanibels, time will tell.
Yes I agree, bad manufacturing and this is going on for years according to reports in this forum.
If the dealer will take the whole slide out, I can't see it, the dealers are just not set up to do such major work. I think your Trailer has to go back to the factory.
Good luck
Old 10-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #578

I tried to take trailer to manufactor but they are telling me it is a dealer issue. No other dealer will work on it cause my dealer has an open warranty claim on kitchen slide.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:16 PM   #579
clr

I have a 2015 model 3601 and have had issues with all three of slides since it was new. My kitchen slide or none of the others make a bang when they start to open, it purrs like a kitten now. My dealer did have to remove the kitchen slide to fix the problems but they did a great job and it now works better than new. I now have no ware on the bottom of any of the three slides. Most dealers are set up to remove slides my old camper and another dealer also had to remove a slide in order to repair.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #580

Tiggerdad

I was told by the dealer, technician, to always drive the bedroom all the way out before bringing the slide back in, otherwise the slide gets misaligned and then the tracks get chewed up. So far I have been luckey, before that advise I had on occasion only partial open the slide and then brought back in. Won't do it again.
Good luck to get it fixed.

Tags
slide, slide out