Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #141

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Same stuff on my rockwood------

The same strips as on BOLSON'S unit is on the whole bottom of my 2011 Rockwood bump out along with strips also on the edges where the wear appears on the PT units. The is no wear on my fifth wheel and the bump-out has been in and out hundreds of times.
Good luck on all the units repair.

Maybe PT could learn something from ROCKWOOD!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
Maybe PT could learn something from ROCKWOOD!
It sounds like they already did!
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #143
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
It sounds like they already did!
Prime time told me they would not stand behind wear strip work if something happened to your unit. They were worried about tearing the carpet or linoleum in the floor. General RV in Huntley is my dealer as well

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #144

Bolson was the repair to your unit done with the approval of PT and under warranty? If so I have to wonder why other units have not gotten the same repair. I have to admit it looks solid.

For now I am reasonably happy enough with the tape, at least it has covered the tear caused by the screwhead, but I can already see wear and I know over time it will get worse. Something more resilient than tape will be needed for my rig and I don't believe I should be on the hook to pay for it.

I actually suspect I'll be going to the factory next spring anyway for a tour so I'll likely wait until then to get whatever PT has come up with done at that point.

I don't see the need to jump all over PT and act silly, I 100% believe they will sort this.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #145

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
What "silence" are you referring to?? RV Guy from PTM gave a very good description of what they were seeing and working on. I'm sure you would like to see a solution in a week so you could then complain about a lack of quality.

These things take time. Be patient. Be happy that you have an RV where the company is actually working to resolve your problems instead of ignoring you.
You can get defensive if you want but it has been several months since anyone from Prime Time has commented or given an update. How much time do you think is needed to come up with a solution when there have been posters who own different units who have not had the same issues? Read the following 2 responses from Platokidd. He has the patience of Job. I am concerned about answers that owners are going to get after warranty is up.

If you read any of my other posts you will see that I am neither a complainer nor someone who knocks Prime Time.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
You can get defensive if you want but it has been several months since anyone from Prime Time has commented or given an update. How much time do you think is needed to come up with a solution when there have been posters who own different units who have not had the same issues? Read the following 2 responses from Platokidd. He has the patience of Job. I am concerned about answers that owners are going to get after warranty is up. If you read any of my other posts you will see that I am neither a complainer nor someone who knocks Prime Time.
Are you using a Mayan calendar? The last post was on 9/1. That isn't "several months" in any calendar system I'm aware of.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #147

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I did go back and check the last update from RV Guy prior to my previous post and you are correct. I will give you 7 weeks and 2 days. so it is less than several months.

Plato had posted the same question-I did not go back to find that date-with no response and this post goes back to 8/11. There are quite a few of us that are concerned about this issue and wonder how it will be handled once we are out of warranty. I think it is reasonable to desire an update later than 9/1.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #148

The repair was done under warranty. I am not sure what Prime Time knows about this. Hopefully they stand behind it.

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #149
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
I did go back and check the last update from RV Guy prior to my previous post and you are correct. I will give you 7 weeks and 2 days. so it is less than several months.

Plato had posted the same question-I did not go back to find that date-with no response and this post goes back to 8/11. There are quite a few of us that are concerned about this issue and wonder how it will be handled once we are out of warranty. I think it is reasonable to desire an update later than 9/1.
6 months left on my warranty!

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #150
Site Team

Quote:
Are you using a Mayan calendar? The last post was on 9/1. That isn't "several months" in any calendar system I'm aware of.
Barry just wondering what you feel is a reasonable amount of time ? Do you feel PT's going to stand behind this when the warranties expires??

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #151

I have to wonder why Bolson's dealer installed wear strips (according to him under PT warranty and approved by PT) and on other units they are advising using tape.

Like Platokidd I have about 6 months of warranty left and I don't for a second feel that Pt is waiting for warranties to expire, but the fact remains it is on the clock. I have been in constant contact with PT and they have been fantastic, but the issue remains.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #152

I was under the living room slide out taking pics of the damage to the Darco wrap when I noted that some of the Darco wrap was stuck to the wiper part of the seal. The wiper is sticking to the Darco wrap and is being dragged in and caught in the hump the Darco is dragged over.
Why do we need the wiper. Why not use only the rubber seal and seal the edge of the wood floor?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #153
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
I was under the living room slide out taking pics of the damage to the Darco wrap when I noted that some of the Darco wrap was stuck to the wiper part of the seal. The wiper is sticking to the Darco wrap and is being dragged in and caught in the hump the Darco is dragged over.
Why do we need the wiper. Why not use only the rubber seal and seal the edge of the wood floor?
Let see the pics

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Let see the pics
Even that I do not own a PT unit, I can not understand why they do not do the sameting as Rockwood did to stop that problem. I have attached some pictures that they put in to stop the problem PT is having.
1) This picture is the stip covering the nylok 4" stip to the elements
2) this picture is the nylok that covers the edge.
3) this where the outside corner stops any water intrusion.
4) this is a piece of nylok that is about 6" long on each end and then there is a 12" strip in the middle.

I really do not know why they just do that it works great, tape will not work, the side is screwed in where it seals the side, the bottom is stapled to the floor. I would ask why they can't do that on PT. Hope this helps you guy's out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide 001.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	42059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide 002.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	42060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide 003.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	42061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide 004.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	42062  

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #155

Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout Darco.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	42077   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout Darco 3.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	42078   Click image for larger version

Name:	slideout Darco 5.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	42079  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #156
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
Here are the pics.
Do I see some bare wood spots in the pics? Its wearing for sure.
Could it be from a heat register in the camper rubbing when the slide is going in / out??
Why tape in the middle of the slide??
I think rockwood has the good idea for there units.
Its a little disappointing that prime time has not come up with a fix other then tape and sealant. Make no mistake IM not bashing prime time! The folks I have talked to have been great and informative. PT makes a good unit, we love ours.
But that fact is there is no good fix yet that Im aware of that pt will stand behind. Tape is not lasting on my unit nor did I expect it too.

Frustrated and disappointed

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #157
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Even that I do not own a PT unit, I can not understand why they do not do the sameting as Rockwood did to stop that problem. I have attached some pictures that they put in to stop the problem PT is having.
1) This picture is the stip covering the nylok 4" stip to the elements
2) this picture is the nylok that covers the edge.
3) this where the outside corner stops any water intrusion.
4) this is a piece of nylok that is about 6" long on each end and then there is a 12" strip in the middle.

I really do not know why they just do that it works great, tape will not work, the side is screwed in where it seals the side, the bottom is stapled to the floor. I would ask why they can't do that on PT. Hope this helps you guy's out.
Is that darco fabric on the bottom of the slide or is it wood?
Looks good

Zelda the campin dog
Old 10-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #158
Mod free 5er

If I saw the wear, I think I would try gluing some Formica strips to the underside where the wear is taking place.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #159

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Replaced rubber wiper

When I traveled in the rain, our floor & carpet was getting wet on the front edge of the main floor of the RV. When the room was closed the wiper is supposed to keep the water that is thrown up by the wheels against the bottom of the bump out from getting in the main floor underneath the slide out. On the front of my slide out, there was a 1/2" gap between the water wiper and the floor of the slide out which let water travel over the wiper into the inside of the fifth wheel main floor. The factory techs (at the rally) removed the old wiper seal, adjusted the slide out, Installed a much wider ( from top to bottom) wiper seal to stop the water from traveling over the seal into the main floor when the wheels were throwing water against the bottom of the slide out. The wider seal corrected the problem of the carpet getting wet. Next time you close your slide out, look to see if your wiper seal fits snugly against the bottom of the slide out to prevent the water from getting inside, if not it needs to be replaced with a wider wiper seal the full length of the floor opening of the slide out.

When your slide out is all the way out (open) lift up the carpet of the slide out floor, look at the water drain groove along the edge of the RV's main floor. This is to catch some of the water that may travel over the wiper seal.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #160
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If I saw the wear, I think I would try gluing some Formica strips to the underside where the wear is taking place.
Hey OldCoot , I have seen some pics of your workmanship. Thus, I would think if you were tasked with the responsibility of finding a fix we would have a good fix by now and this thread would be history.

Someone did do the formica strips. I kinda like the plastic strips that wrap around the edge of the slide-out. Both not approved by PT. Im hesitant to do anything PT don't approve of as I am still under warranty.

Carl

Zelda the campin dog

Tags
slide, slide out