Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #1

Slide problem!

Took my Tracer 2640 RLS in for some repairs, window broke and needed some plumbing work, as a last thought I ask them to check the slide as it was making a popping noise when I would bring in the slide. They just called and said they didn't like that noise and were on the phone back and forth with the factory all day yesterday trying to find a fix, None was found. Today the dealer said the heck with the factory and called the company who makes the slides for the Tracer. Sent them a video of what was going on and the company said they thought it had a wrong part in it, "A boot" is what the dealer called it, said it was a stop of some sort.
Any of u other Tracer owners having a popping sound when u bring in your slide? Its like when u start to bring it in it strains and then pops and then comes in with little effort. After I bought this camper I began to notice that no one uses this slide system and that is making me a little nervous. Not saying it not a good system just new and not used much. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope this works out OK???
wvbike_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
Commercial Member

wvbike - No one hear seems to know about your situation given these details - who is your dealer? We will dig into it.

BTW - the Norco Slide system in your Tracer is used in many applications in our industry from trailers, to high end FWs, and even motorhomes. It's been around in it's current state for years. It exhibits extremely low warranty rates as a slide product. Whoever is giving you that feedback is wrong.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The Norco slide system is the one with wires, right?

Like my wardrobe slide. My main slide is Lippert and has the "boot" stop that the dealer was talking about. My wardrobe slide does not have that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf accuslide_service-manual.pdf (1.31 MB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf accuslide_install-manual.pdf (2.84 MB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf NORCO WS Cable Routing Diagram.pdf (97.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf Accu-Slide Raw Parts List.pdf (2.10 MB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf accuslide_brochure.pdf (749.7 KB, 57 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Herk - yes, it has cables. That's why the "boot" comment from the dealer caught my attention.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
wvbike - No one hear seems to know about your situation given these details - who is your dealer? We will dig into it.

BTW - the Norco Slide system in your Tracer is used in many applications in our industry from trailers, to high end FWs, and even motorhomes. It's been around in it's current state for years. It exhibits extremely low warranty rates as a slide product. Whoever is giving you that feedback is wrong.

PTM
Thanks RV Guy, My dealer is Burdette's Camping center in Winfield WV. Dealer told me over the phone they knew very little about that piticular slide system. Good to know that system has a good reputation. I guess I am getting the "tell the customer anything he won't know the difference" story from my dealer.
Any help you can give me in this situation is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Commercial Member

I recognize there are lots of mechanical items on an RV that make it difficult to have a high level of repair expertise in all areas. Many times, it becomes a team effort between three parties - the dealer, Prime Time, and the supplier - to diagnose and repair complex issues.

Unfortunately, there are times when it's just as easy to throw one of the other parties under the bus and that's frustrating.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #7

I was looking @ a fifth wheel with the slides all using a wire/cable system. It seemed to me, that this design is not very good for down the road. I decided against the purchase of that TT, main reason was the slides were big and what happens later in the life of the TT. Will they have to be adjusted a lot or no?
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Sorry

RV Guy and wvbike_99 I apologize. Still sensitive right now regarding the Wildcat issue. I am moving all this "venom" to "Off Topic"
Lou
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
RV Guy and wvbike_99 I apologize. Still sensitive right now regarding the Wildcat issue. I am moving all this "venom" to "Off Topic"
Lou
Decided to delete instead.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Decided to delete instead.

Lou,, At the risk of hijacking this thread, how would a 'normal Joe' go about deleting a venomous post, if he felt he made comments that he wished to retract.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
Commercial Member

WV - my last tech that arrived at work today had spoken to your dealer yesterday. Our initial troubleshooting hasn't resolved the issue. We will be asking Norco technical support to call your dealer this AM. Your dealer did a good job working with us yesterday and we are taking it to the next level to get you fixed. We are on it.

FWIW - I think it needs a slight adjustment to limit it's outward travel but we will let the experts figure that out.

Jester - the Norco system appears complex and admittedly "scary" when you look at it but we've had great success with consistency and quality at Prime Time and even before when I worked at my previous employer.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Lou,, At the risk of hijacking this thread, how would a 'normal Joe' go about deleting a venomous post, if he felt he made comments that he wished to retract.
Terry, A PM to one of the Moderators should work. I "reported" myself to the other moderators so they knew what was going on.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #13

RV GUY, I really thank you for getting into this, We really like our Tracer and hope for a good out come to this issue. Makes me feel better that both Prime Time and the Dealer are trying to fix the problem.
Again Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
WJC

Ha wvbike,
I had a problem with my big slide, my black vapor barrier was getting frayed or ripped up! Found the cause to be my baseroller bracket ends were almost the same diameter as the roller it self, when I would retracted and extend my slide the floor would rub on the roller bracket which was cutting into the barrier, also on the inside of the trailer on the floor at the slide opening is a black vinyl saddle that the slide runs in and out on, attached to the trailer floor by screws that should be counter sunk! On mine some of the screw heads were above the saddle and the exterior floor the [black barrier] was getting cut up the screw heads! Maybe there is a screw sticking up catching your floor creating the popping noise! Check your exterior slide floor barrier for any markings! Good luck!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #15

We have the 2012 Tracer 3150bhd and our main large slide has " popped" a couple times, made me nervous but doesn't seem to be consistent. There were also a few times it kinda shook while pulling it in but again has happened only once or twice. One thing the large slide always does is move slowly and sound like its straining when pulling it in. We use the slides quite frequently being new to RVing and having a seasonal place to camp they are pulled in and out every other weekend. Hopefully we are not over using them? Not sure if it is better to leave them out through the season?
BGEIS3178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #16

Dealer installed 2 oversized rubber pieces in mine this summer and it helped the popping but dealer said that the slide was still not right. Has to struggle to get the slide up out of the hole when u first start to bring it in. Starts in at the top and then the bottom will jump and lunge and then start in, then it has started jumping up and down and shaking the whole camper. Dealere said they didn't know how to fix it so they make arangements for factory to pick it up in Nov. and take it back for a fix. I am a little nervous about that. I think my sides around the slide are starting to delaminate as well, both top corners are starting to bulge out a little and u can see 2 seams over the slide, I will let the dealer look at it and the factory also. I am not having much luck with this thing. Primetime has been very good so far and I hope they take good care of my Tracer. I really love the floorplan,
Fingers crossed
Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #17

At least I'm not alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbike_99 View Post
Dealer installed 2 oversized rubber pieces in mine this summer and it helped the popping but dealer said that the slide was still not right. Has to struggle to get the slide up out of the hole when u first start to bring it in. Starts in at the top and then the bottom will jump and lunge and then start in, then it has started jumping up and down and shaking the whole camper. Dealere said they didn't know how to fix it so they make arangements for factory to pick it up in Nov. and take it back for a fix. I am a little nervous about that. I think my sides around the slide are starting to delaminate as well, both top corners are starting to bulge out a little and u can see 2 seams over the slide, I will let the dealer look at it and the factory also. I am not having much luck with this thing. Primetime has been very good so far and I hope they take good care of my Tracer. I really love the floorplan,
Fingers crossed
WVbike - I've been dealing with this exact same issue for the past month on my 3150 BHD! My dealer just put in the replacement rubber blocks and now the slide-out travels like it is going over railroad tracks in and out everytime! The rough travel was NOT an original problem when I took it in for what I hoped was a slide-out adjustment. Not happy to hear about yours going back to the factory to get fixed, That's the dreaded call I'm waiting for as I type this. Very discouraging, but I have been happy with PT to this point. Please keep me posted as it is looking like our Tracers may be "stallmates" down at PT. I will let you know if my dealer comes up with anything.
TL474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL474 View Post
WVbike - I've been dealing with this exact same issue for the past month on my 3150 BHD! My dealer just put in the replacement rubber blocks and now the slide-out travels like it is going over railroad tracks in and out everytime! The rough travel was NOT an original problem when I took it in for what I hoped was a slide-out adjustment. Not happy to hear about yours going back to the factory to get fixed, That's the dreaded call I'm waiting for as I type this. Very discouraging, but I have been happy with PT to this point. Please keep me posted as it is looking like our Tracers may be "stallmates" down at PT. I will let you know if my dealer comes up with anything.
Sorry to hear u are having the same problem, My jumping and shaking also started after the rubber blocks were installed. I think mine only shakes on its way out. I also am glad I am not the only person with this problem. Hope it all works out.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #19

WV:
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Bad news is it still isn't fixed. Good news is, Norco is sending a rep. to my dealership to work on it when I return it after a camping trip this weekend. I guess if the guys that make the slide-out system can't fix it, we set it on fire and break out the weenies and marshmallows! We'll see......
TL474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #20

TL474
Keep me posted, the Norco rep talked to my dealer a lot on the phone trying to get a fix, My dealer said he spent 2 days on the phone going back and forth so that is why he made plans to send it back to the factory. Lets hope its something they can fix. Going camping this weekend also, hope the slide works LOL. Have fun

Tags
led pad