Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #1

Slide Seals for PT Crusader Where to Buy Them

I need to replace the top seal on my wardrobe slide but may replace top seal on the other two but is there a better place to buy them, or do I have to get them from Prime Time?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #2

I got my seals off e-bay.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
sji

I called Prime Time as I could not find the identical slide seal on any of the sites that sold replacement seals. I was told I had to order it through my dealer. I did and then when they came in the dealer told me the entire slide needs to be removed in order to replace them. Was planning on doing it myself, but I guess not. DWRAT, the slide seals you bought, are they identical to the originals on your Crusader?
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sji View Post
I called Prime Time as I could not find the identical slide seal on any of the sites that sold replacement seals. I was told I had to order it through my dealer. I did and then when they came in the dealer told me the entire slide needs to be removed in order to replace them. Was planning on doing it myself, but I guess not. DWRAT, the slide seals you bought, are they identical to the originals on your Crusader?

The entire thing of having to buy them thru the dealer is such BS, I know there are seals out there that will fit from other sources I just have to locate some and I don't think you have to take the entire slide off to replace the seals.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
The entire thing of having to buy them thru the dealer is such BS, I know there are seals out there that will fit from other sources I just have to locate some and I don't think you have to take the entire slide off to replace the seals.

Prime Time uses one piece seals that seal both inside & outside. Just had mine replaced (saw how they did it) & all the inner woodwork around the slide box has to come off (don't open the slide all the way, just enough to gain comfortable access to the seals). That will give you access to the seals (which are glued on). Remove old seal assembly, clean old glue residue and glue on new seals.
rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Prime Time uses one piece seals that seal both inside & outside. Just had mine replaced (saw how they did it) & all the inner woodwork around the slide box has to come off (don't open the slide all the way, just enough to gain comfortable access to the seals). That will give you access to the seals (which are glued on). Remove old seal assembly, clean old glue residue and glue on new seals.

Ugh thanks what a PITA this will be, might have to have this done on mine by my mobile mechanic, don't want to start pulling the slide apart by myself.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:

The entire slide has to come out to replace one outside seal? Really? I was looking at my Wardrobe slide the small one and I didn't think the entire thing had to come out to replace the outer seal? I have to call PT to order it and find out. How much did you get charged to replace your seals? Which ones did you replace?
Old 08-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
sji

I haven't replaced it yet, but thanks to these replies I may just try. I need to replace the vertical one right next to the entry door. The outside sweeper seal has ripped on the bottom from the underslide repair kit we had installed. I believe it was around 150 and about 30 for shipping. It comes in a very long tube cause it is not bendable.
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
I haven't replaced it yet, but thanks to these replies I may just try. I need to replace the vertical one right next to the entry door. The outside sweeper seal has ripped on the bottom from the underslide repair kit we had installed. I believe it was around 150 and about 30 for shipping. It comes in a very long tube cause it is not bendable.

Ok will be interested to see how you make out, let me know when you do it and I will find out what the cost of the seal I need is

Tags
crusader, seal, slide