Old 07-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Slide Topper Confusion

Recently purchased an Avenger 27BBS which has a 15 ft. slide out. I am wanting to order a Dometic Topper for the slide out and I am getting conflicting information on ordering the correct size. I called customer service at Dometic and I asked the lady if I order the length of the topper by the length of the slide or should there be any overhang. She said for the 15 ftl slide order a 180 in. topper. Instructions upon ordering from Camping World says "measure exact lenght of slideout, add 6" and if necessary round to next highest 1/2 ft. This seems to be some of the typical conflicting info I tend to get from the distributers and the manufacturerers. So I come to the more knowledgable folks in the RV world, the owners on a RV forum. I'm have about decided to leave it bare and sweep it off before retracting, but what are your experiences in proper sizing for toppers? Thanks for any input!!

Old 07-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #2

Most of the slide topper mfr's have a table that converts your actual width to the recommended topper width.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2017: 4 nights camped, 12 booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Most of the slide topper mfr's have a table that converts your actual width to the recommended topper width.
That is true, but it is not very reassuring when the company you are ordering from tells you one thing and the manufacturer tells you another.

Tags
slide