Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
William
 
WEMig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post

Thank you all above for the comments. I spoke with the RV dealer and they told me no problem towing it up to my site. I suppose the message they left led me to believe this was a problem I had to address before pickup. I will check out airbags over the weekend. I may just install myself otherwise I will have it done by a pro.
I will post pics soon!
Thanks!
Mike
Good luck and enjoy.
__________________

__________________
2012 Crusader 320RLT
2011 F250 Lariat 6.7L
2016 (19 Nights Camped/1348 Miles)
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
btritschler1437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Venice, FL Area
Posts: 251
Take a look at Timbrens Suspension Enhancement System (SES) Pick Up Truck Suspension Enhancement Kits from Timbren Industries. Once installed nothing else to do. I had them on my F250, now my F350. They work for me.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Sharon, "15 Cedar Creek 38CK Custom, '13 RAM 3500 Laramie, 4x4, LB, CC, DRW 6.7 Cummins HO, Aisin 4.10"

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
mdalb20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (We Will Rebuild!!)
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
Take a look at Timbrens Suspension Enhancement System (SES) Pick Up Truck Suspension Enhancement Kits from Timbren Industries. Once installed nothing else to do. I had them on my F250, now my F350. They work for me.
Thanks I will!
__________________
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Golflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
Take a look at Timbrens Suspension Enhancement System (SES) Pick Up Truck Suspension Enhancement Kits from Timbren Industries. Once installed nothing else to do. I had them on my F250, now my F350. They work for me.
I had the timberlins installed on my Silverado 1500 Z71 when I bought my first 5er. I had pulled it once with out them and the rv dealer suggested adding them even though I had the heavy duty suspension. They really do make a difference and smooth out the ride. now with the new crusader with the more aero dynamic front the ride feels even better. My brother went with the air suspension but for me that was too much of a pain constantly adding and taking out air. With the Timberlins the ride is the same all the time.
__________________
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
mdalb20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (We Will Rebuild!!)
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golflover View Post

I had the timberlins installed on my Silverado 1500 Z71 when I bought my first 5er. I had pulled it once with out them and the rv dealer suggested adding them even though I had the heavy duty suspension. They really do make a difference and smooth out the ride. now with the new crusader with the more aero dynamic front the ride feels even better. My brother went with the air suspension but for me that was too much of a pain constantly adding and taking out air. With the Timberlins the ride is the same all the time.
Consider me a novice. My f250 sags a bit from the weight of my Crusader 295rst. maybe about 3 inches. I would rather not have to deal with the air bags this sounds great . I will see if I can find a dealer to install. Thanks
__________________
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
btritschler1437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Venice, FL Area
Posts: 251
This is an easy mod. You can purchase them at www.truckspring.com/suspension. Just unbolt the bump stop over the axle and replace with the Timbrens. I took mine off the 250 and put on the 350. Don't get the extra heavy duty, those are for tow trucks and snow plows.
__________________
Bob & Sharon, "15 Cedar Creek 38CK Custom, '13 RAM 3500 Laramie, 4x4, LB, CC, DRW 6.7 Cummins HO, Aisin 4.10"

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
mdalb20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (We Will Rebuild!!)
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
This is an easy mod. You can purchase them at www.truckspring.com/suspension. Just unbolt the bump stop over the axle and replace with the Timbrens. I took mine off the 250 and put on the 350. Don't get the extra heavy duty, those are for tow trucks and snow plows.
Thanks. I will look under the truck this weekend. I am assuming I will have to jack it up to get the weight off the wheels? Sorry to sound dumb.
__________________

__________________
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.