Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 38
So what exactly is behind the bedroom wall where you mount the TV?

Just getting ready to pick up my primetime Crusader 297rsk. I see the sticker of course indicating where to mount the TV in the bedroom. What exactly is behind that sticker? Is there a plate behind it? Is it metal or just wood? If so how big is it and how can I tell how much room I have to mount. I have a couple of different types of mounts. One of them would be a narrow enough for a stud the other one is wider requiring for attachment points. It is not very big.. Also what type of fastener to use? Lag screw? Hollow wall anchor?
__________________

__________________
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Most have a plywood panel behind wall...lag screws ok.....maybe a 100x100 mount, but I'd use a 200x200....depends on what size tv..pre-drill starter holes
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Most have a plywood panel behind wall...lag screws ok.....maybe a 100x100 mount, but I'd use a 200x200....depends on what size tv..pre-drill starter holes
Thanks. I was worried it would be like a little 3x6 piece there. I take it it is bigger?. Hard to tell by knocking where it begins and ends. 25 inch tv. 8 pounds ...
__________________
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If your worried about it, use the smallest mount you can get, and make an adaptor plywood plate to match up to the tv....100 to 200 bolt patterns
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Abbotsford BC
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ERSTEVE View Post
Just getting ready to pick up my primetime Crusader 297rsk. I see the sticker of course indicating where to mount the TV in the bedroom. What exactly is behind that sticker? Is there a plate behind it? Is it metal or just wood? If so how big is it and how can I tell how much room I have to mount. I have a couple of different types of mounts. One of them would be a narrow enough for a stud the other one is wider requiring for attachment points. It is not very big.. Also what type of fastener to use? Lag screw? Hollow wall anchor?
I had the same question for my 295rsk Crusader because the wall for the TV didn't seem solid so I had the dealer put in a mount for a 24 in TV. It cost a lot more but I thought they knew what they were doing. But after it was installed it looks like they just put it into the wall board (not solid). Still standing after 3 yrs of rough riding and 40,000 miles across U.S. and Canada. If your going to put the mount in the wall yourself trying drilling the area with a small bit to find if there really is a board back there and if there is what size it is to find out what size of screws you will need. Goodluck.
__________________
Abby canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frederica DE
Posts: 948
Drill with caution- thin walls. Use short lags as well.
__________________

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2017: 20 nights
Miles traveled in 2017: 1,530
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby canuck View Post
I had the same question for my 295rsk Crusader because the wall for the TV didn't seem solid so I had the dealer put in a mount for a 24 in TV. It cost a lot more but I thought they knew what they were doing. But after it was installed it looks like they just put it into the wall board (not solid). Still standing after 3 yrs of rough riding and 40,000 miles across U.S. and Canada. If your going to put the mount in the wall yourself trying drilling the area with a small bit to find if there really is a board back there and if there is what size it is to find out what size of screws you will need. Goodluck.
Great idea. Thanks
__________________
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Drill with caution- thin walls. Use short lags as well.
I sure will! Thanks!
__________________
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tmfaulksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vermilion Parish, LOUISIANA
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Drill with caution- thin walls. Use short lags as well.
2 weeks ago i installed a mount for my 28" tv in the bedroom.
on the other side of the wall is the shower so the length of the screws,
at least for me, was very critical.
hitting the mounting area was of course also important....
__________________
the faulks & prince
2012 Nissan Titan CC
Roadmaster Active Suspension, Firestone Airbags
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 226
board doesn't go to the ceiling

On my unit, the support in the wall did NOT go all the way to the ceiling. I was wanting to mount the TV as high as possible and found that my support board didn't go all the way up (now I have an extra hole).
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, mount, roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.