Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #1

So what exactly is behind the bedroom wall where you mount the TV?

Just getting ready to pick up my primetime Crusader 297rsk. I see the sticker of course indicating where to mount the TV in the bedroom. What exactly is behind that sticker? Is there a plate behind it? Is it metal or just wood? If so how big is it and how can I tell how much room I have to mount. I have a couple of different types of mounts. One of them would be a narrow enough for a stud the other one is wider requiring for attachment points. It is not very big.. Also what type of fastener to use? Lag screw? Hollow wall anchor?
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Most have a plywood panel behind wall...lag screws ok.....maybe a 100x100 mount, but I'd use a 200x200....depends on what size tv..pre-drill starter holes
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Most have a plywood panel behind wall...lag screws ok.....maybe a 100x100 mount, but I'd use a 200x200....depends on what size tv..pre-drill starter holes
Thanks. I was worried it would be like a little 3x6 piece there. I take it it is bigger?. Hard to tell by knocking where it begins and ends. 25 inch tv. 8 pounds ...
Old 02-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If your worried about it, use the smallest mount you can get, and make an adaptor plywood plate to match up to the tv....100 to 200 bolt patterns
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ERSTEVE View Post
Just getting ready to pick up my primetime Crusader 297rsk. I see the sticker of course indicating where to mount the TV in the bedroom. What exactly is behind that sticker? Is there a plate behind it? Is it metal or just wood? If so how big is it and how can I tell how much room I have to mount. I have a couple of different types of mounts. One of them would be a narrow enough for a stud the other one is wider requiring for attachment points. It is not very big.. Also what type of fastener to use? Lag screw? Hollow wall anchor?
I had the same question for my 295rsk Crusader because the wall for the TV didn't seem solid so I had the dealer put in a mount for a 24 in TV. It cost a lot more but I thought they knew what they were doing. But after it was installed it looks like they just put it into the wall board (not solid). Still standing after 3 yrs of rough riding and 40,000 miles across U.S. and Canada. If your going to put the mount in the wall yourself trying drilling the area with a small bit to find if there really is a board back there and if there is what size it is to find out what size of screws you will need. Goodluck.
Abby canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #6

Drill with caution- thin walls. Use short lags as well.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby canuck View Post
I had the same question for my 295rsk Crusader because the wall for the TV didn't seem solid so I had the dealer put in a mount for a 24 in TV. It cost a lot more but I thought they knew what they were doing. But after it was installed it looks like they just put it into the wall board (not solid). Still standing after 3 yrs of rough riding and 40,000 miles across U.S. and Canada. If your going to put the mount in the wall yourself trying drilling the area with a small bit to find if there really is a board back there and if there is what size it is to find out what size of screws you will need. Goodluck.
Great idea. Thanks
Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
I sure will! Thanks!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
2 weeks ago i installed a mount for my 28" tv in the bedroom.
on the other side of the wall is the shower so the length of the screws,
at least for me, was very critical.
hitting the mounting area was of course also important....
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #10

board doesn't go to the ceiling

On my unit, the support in the wall did NOT go all the way to the ceiling. I was wanting to mount the TV as high as possible and found that my support board didn't go all the way up (now I have an extra hole).
Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #11

I really like these forums!
I had posed this question last week in another section of the forums regarding mounting a TV in the bedroom of our 2015 Wildcat Maxx TT. While ours has the 110 / 12 volt plate and TV power booster plate on the ceiling near the streetside wall there was no sticker as to where to mount the TV.
When I'd picked up the trailer in November from the dealer for it's "forever warranty" annual inspection, I'd asked one of the techs to show me where to mount a TV support. He'd told me to mount it on the wall near those plates where there is a wall panel joint with wall tape over the seam, he'd gotten a couple of about 1 inch universal RV screws from the shop and said to mount it "there", at that joint and into the aluminum stud, and "use these screws but nothing longer".
As it's still snowy in this area this is a job I was going to tackle in a month or two. Our plan is use the 26" TV in the bedroom, if I actually do this, taken from the living room mount and buy a new 32" TV for that spot. While I'd not gotten any responses there, this post answered my question! Thanks!!
Tdbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
On my unit, the support in the wall did NOT go all the way to the ceiling. I was wanting to mount the TV as high as possible and found that my support board didn't go all the way up (now I have an extra hole).
Aww that's no good..how high would u say it went?
Old 02-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdbrn View Post
I really like these forums!
I had posed this question last week in another section of the forums regarding mounting a TV in the bedroom of our 2015 Wildcat Maxx TT. While ours has the 110 / 12 volt plate and TV power booster plate on the ceiling near the streetside wall there was no sticker as to where to mount the TV.
When I'd picked up the trailer in November from the dealer for it's "forever warranty" annual inspection, I'd asked one of the techs to show me where to mount a TV support. He'd told me to mount it on the wall near those plates where there is a wall panel joint with wall tape over the seam, he'd gotten a couple of about 1 inch universal RV screws from the shop and said to mount it "there", at that joint and into the aluminum stud, and "use these screws but nothing longer".
As it's still snowy in this area this is a job I was going to tackle in a month or two. Our plan is use the 26" TV in the bedroom, if I actually do this, taken from the living room mount and buy a new 32" TV for that spot. While I'd not gotten any responses there, this post answered my question! Thanks!!
That's good to know. ..mine is in storage at the dealership so I can't get to it. Just getting things together for spring. I am just a curious person...I have "the sticker" just didn't know if I was looking for a stud there or if there is a thin metal plate or wooden paneling or what back there.....

Tags
bed, mount, roo