Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #1

Soft floor

Hey y'all...we have a Crusader 321RES with island kitchen and the floor around it has gone soft; I can't find any signs of leakage or having "ingested" rainwater, so I'm thinking the floor layers have separated. Question is: do I have to remove the island to repair the floor or can it be done with the island in place? Thanks.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbet View Post
Hey y'all...we have a Crusader 321RES with island kitchen and the floor around it has gone soft; I can't find any signs of leakage or having "ingested" rainwater, so I'm thinking the floor layers have separated. Question is: do I have to remove the island to repair the floor or can it be done with the island in place? Thanks.

Sounds Like to me that the sink is leaking when you Turn It On any signs of any water leak underneath the sink See If You Could Trace the pipes and Turn The Water On that is where I would start.

gmcdually05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbet View Post
This is a very common problem with our trailers.
Nothing inside needs to be moved at all.
All work is done under the trailer.
The problem is "lack of support" for the floor.
1st. Remove the under coating so you have access.
2nd. Remove the sink holding tank.
3rd. Add bracing up tight to the bottom of the floor.
4th. Reinstall holding tank.
5th. reinstall under coating.

Here's some related posts about the floor.
2016 Crusader floor defect
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...archid=7995424
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #4

Angry Soft Floor in Columbus 320RS

We purchased a 2014 Columbus 320RS from Camping World and a few months later noticed the soft floor by the kitchen sink. Camping World would not do anything and said I had to contact the manufacture They scheduled a appointment to fix until they discovered I was the second owner and would not fix it. They knew it was their manufacture problem and would not help. Now I am having problems finding someone that will fix it.
Daulthomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #5

It's a easy repair for anyone to do "if you have a welder".
As I posted above it is simply lack of support.
Remove the lower holding tank that is directly under the soft spot and add supports in that area.
If you don't have a welder i'm sure supports could be screwed in place but I used a welder.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #6

Stop thinking about how to fix a problem until you know what the problem is. Most soft spots in a trailer comes from Water. find out where the water is coming from THAN research how to fix the leak. Then research how to fix the floor. One step at a time.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

Soft Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Stop thinking about how to fix a problem until you know what the problem is. Most soft spots in a trailer comes from Water. find out where the water is coming from THAN research how to fix the leak. Then research how to fix the floor. One step at a time.
There is not a water leak. It is a manufacture defect. I have heard that several manufactures are not putting in enough floor supports. Forest River was going to fix untill they discovered I was the second owner. I found a man to repair but it is five thousand dollars. He said he has repaired several. Forest River should repair because they built it knowing there was not enough supports`
Daulthomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #8

I have a couple soft spots in my floor to, lack of support in the floor system, with luan and styrofoam. I read a post a few months ago that made a lot of sense, it said that they didn't like soft spots,as l do not either, but they had used there TT for several seasons with soft spots and it had not stopped them from using it, they saved the money and used it to travel. $5000 is way to much to repair a soft spot especially if it is not water damage. My TT as l said has a couple of soft spots, they're not going to fall through just soft.

cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor