Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #1

Soon to be owner of a Tracer 205 Air

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. We are new to rv camping. My family and I have been car camping in the past few years and thought that since we have two boys, a 5 and a 1 year old, it is about time to have this experience as part of them growing up.

We finalized on the air, wolf pup 16bhs and the dutchmen aspen trail 2710bh as our tv is an 06 Tundra but the 205 air fit the bill for size, weight, fit and finish. We made the deal over a week ago and are scheduled for delivery 2 weekends from now.

The wdh was part of the delay due to my indecisiveness. There are so many to choose from. Round bars to hensley to the sweetspot $500 ones Andersen, eq, e2, centerline and dualcam. Got soo confused that I just got the reese round bar with friction sway for now for cheap until I get more experience setting one up. My justification is that they are so common that I can easily get help setting it up.

Hopefully I have ordered everything that can get us going for a test run the weekend after Thanksgiving and hopefully can make a lifestyle out of this!

My question is, what do I look for during the PDI for new prime time trailers? I pay $600 for it so I want them to do it properly. Yes, I factored in PDI as part of the out the door cost and it is still under my budget. So I'm ok paying them the money even if it just goodwill knowing they are happy to take care of me should issues arise. Hopefully... First dealings with an RV dealer.
Lukster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

Watch the bottom of the slides for any wear, rubbing or tearing

Warranty is only one year on PT products and extended warranty by Cornerstone will NOT cover this either

Be very vigilant the first year or you will be on your own later

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote