Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #1

Stupid question. Run on battery?

So my 297rsk Crusader was delivered today. However my power is not hooked up yet. When the guy delivered it to open besides up for me while it was still plugged in to his truck. I don't quite have my fifth wheel tow vehicle yet. Anyways I wanted to try and power a few inside lights on battery but I can't seem to you get power from the battery. Yes I've tried the battery cutoff switch. I know that I am getting power to some of the coach. The power light on the stereo will turn on and off when I pull the battery disconnect switch in and out. However nothing will power up including the stereo. No lights except your. Is there another master switch somewhere to get my coach to run on battery question mark
5ERSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #2

Inside the front storage or where ever he battery is located.

Press the little black button.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #3

Thanks. Will try tomorrow. What is that? Does it reset itself to that position ever?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #4

I'll almost bet your battery is almost dead. Enough to light the low voltage LED on the radio face but, not enough voltage to run anything else. Pull your car up and hook up jumper cables to see if everything "comes alive".

Once you have your power installed, the onboard converter will keep the battery charged.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Newly Retired

Volt meter needed

You might want to buy a volt meter at Radio Shack to test your battery whenever there is a question.
I once pulled a heater from an RV only to discover that the battery voltage was low and that was causing it to not operate properly.
An auto parts store will also have an, "in dash" type of voltmeter that could be mounted somewhere with a bracket possibly. This would be hardwired in to keep an eye on voltage.
My new unit has a Solar Panel on the roof that keeps the battery full charge at all times. I love it! It also comes with a panel to display voltage.
Good luck and happy camping.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #7

Great idea. Thanks! Looking forward to it and to helping folks like u guys have helped me
Old 04-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #8

Motorhome and Trailer Life magazines usually have Harbor Freight coupons that frequently include one for a free digital VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) with any purchase. The coupons are available in other magazines and also in mail fliers. If you get on their mailing list, you can also get them by email. Without a coupon, the meters are less than $6, a great price for what you get.

If you mail order something from them this weekend (2016/04/16-17), the coupon code for the free meter is:

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #9

Thanks alot!

Tags
battery