Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

Suspension issue

We returned from our 6000 mile winter trip and while putting the 5thwheel away for a while I noted the axles we a bit off. After further checking I found the right side leaf spring had shed its bolt out of the spring hanger. This shifted the rear right wheel closer to the front. In addition the slide rail was rubbing on the tire. The tires were new before our trip - Goodyear Endurance. The treads appear to have worn over half way. I have an extended warranty and a mechanic has said that it was a component failure. I'm wondering if the tires will be covered under warranty because of the failure of the bolt holding the spring being the proximate cause?
2017 PT Crusader 295RST
Robo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo313 View Post

I'm wondering if the tires will be covered under warranty because of the failure of the bolt holding the spring being the proximate cause?
You'll have to ask your extended warranty company that.

My experience with RV extended warranties tells me no...the tires won't be covered.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension