Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #1

Table 318BHS

Prime Time was great when sending the parts to fix the bed. The hinge broke and bent the pistons... all replaced and working well.

Now I have a problem with the table. First of all, the table is the worse piece of furniture I have ever had. I band and cut me knees every time I sit on the U-Shaped chairs. It is never level and rocks. Why no adjuster for where it meets the slide carpet to level it. I would like to replace the whole system, but living in the trailer 9 months (Camp Hosts) we need the storage.

Now, to add insult to injury, IT BROKE, The tab that has the yellow button that locks it in place broke and although the table will sit upright, the slightest force on the edge will start it to collapse.

I called CS and they told me to bring it to a dealer. We are out in the woods on the Oregon Coast miles and miles away from civilization. How difficult to send a new one UPS and trash the piece of junk that is there now.

Other than some minor issues, the trailer is great. I can not get it stable, even with the mechanical stabilizers on the wheels. The gauges on the black and grey tanks work when they want. And I see some water drip on the bathroom window when the Oregon rain starts to blow .

The mistake I made was purchasing the trailer in May of 2012 in Oregon when I was living in NJ and having it stored until we got here in February of 2013, thinking my warranty would start when I actually took delivery in February, when I had the walkthrough from the dealer. What I did was screw myself and only receiving, in reality, a 3 month warranty, from May 2012 to May 2013. So, the trailer was under warranty for 9 months when it past parked in inside storage. What a mistake. And we are so remote from any dealer and that makes it a real issue. Live and learn.

Does anyone else have an issue with the table.

Thanks
Richard

Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Take the top off and buy the regular poles and flanges to mount them.....

(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #3

I guess I have the only defective table in a 318BHS.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #4

I hate our table too in our 318 bhs..I pinched my finger countless times folding it down as well as its the most wobbly table in history.my friend has a jayco bunkhouse with the pedestal legs, well you have to be a magician to sit around it and it also wobbles a ton as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no rv with a permanent table is going to be perfect. One more thing, by putting pedestals in , you lose the bed . I don't think the table is strong enough for flanges.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply. I guess we need to live with it. But if I bolt it so it does not fall, then we lose the bed option. But I am worried if someone pushes it the meal or whatever falls can burn or injure. I guess if I were the manufacturer, and I had a customer in the wild, I would bend over backwards to make sure the trailer and the components were safe.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #6

Check my post on changing my table over to a pedestal mount. The hardware was $50.00 and it works much better for the three kids. If you absolutely have to have the bed option then simply add the support ledgers around the inside of the seat and walla, no more miserable table.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #7

Here is a link to the post for the table mod.

Dining Table Mod