Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2016, 03:02 AM   #1

Question table slide on my 294

Just some questions about the slide mechanisms.

When I retract my table slide in makes a squealing noise on one side of the slide.

Are there rollers that support the slide while I extend/retract the slide?

How can the rollers be accessed to lube if there is such?

This slide is also starting to leave about a 6 inch long x 1 inch wide mark on the linoleum near my sink.

every thing seems to be normal when I extend this slide.

I wish I could see pics of manufacture and installing of these slides
retired military
home is Fort Smith, Ar.
MEL T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #2
Site Team

MELT, its hard to hear the squeaking noise on the forum.
It could be the seals and wipers need lube. And / or the the slide ram and gearing need lube.
This past fall my table slide started to squeal, sounded like metal on metal. I opened the coroplast liner and sprayed a dry lube on the moving parts and it helped. Ive seen some units where the ram rubs on the frame like mine was when new. (fixed under warranty)

If you bend back the seal under the slide you may see the rollers if you have them.

As far as the floor goes; make sure your slide is adjusted correctly.
We also use small samples of linoleum flooring from Menards on top of the floor.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
MELT, its hard to hear the squeaking noise on the forum.
It could be the seals and wipers need lube. And / or the the slide ram and gearing need lube.
This past fall my table slide started to squeal, sounded like metal on metal. I opened the coroplast liner and sprayed a dry lube on the moving parts and it helped. Ive seen some units where the ram rubs on the frame like mine was when new. (fixed under warranty)

If you bend back the seal under the slide you may see the rollers if you have them.

As far as the floor goes; make sure your slide is adjusted correctly.
We also use small samples of linoleum flooring from Menards on top of the floor.

The slide is definitely out of adjustment if it's leaving indentations in the floor. Until you can get it adjusted, as mentioned above, put something thin (but rigid) on the floor for the roller to set on (we used a thin plastic cutting board).
Definitely lube the ram and guide tubes where they slide in & out of the frame. It's because the slide is out of adjustment that it is making noise but, should be lubed periodically anyway.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #4

I have the 2016 294.

Same noise when pulling slide in...only

I did as above and dry lubed everything I could hit. Certainly helped but seems to get every dirty under than because of the proximity of the tires and road spray. I have started power washing the area on both slides let dry and then dry lube like crazy. That has really helped but more elbow grease.

Sorry to hear about the floor. We have not had that issue. However the unit is having the sides adjusted because the outside slide trim rubbed on the transition molding where the fiberglass meets the metal skirting.

Best of luck to you!

Days Camped in last 3 years - 79
Planned Days in 2021 - 50
Days Camped in 2021 - 0
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide