Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #11

Exactly right. No crusader package I know of includes electric tank heaters.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #12

Yeah there's no heated tank pads on mine either. Just the ducts enclosed in the underbelly that they call "heated tanks". I do know the sanibels do cause I saw a switch for them. No Water filter either. If it did they are in the central docking station, but never saw on any crusaders from factory. On to the water pump mine is in the basement behind the docking station. Have to remove a few screws to access. Hope this helps!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I believe that on all PT models except the Sanibel, the "heated tanks" is actually one of the furnace ducts is routed to the enclosed underbelly to keep the tanks "warm" as long as you are using the onboard propane furnace.

I was 'told' that my Hemisphere came with 'heated' tanks.... I asked about how to turn the tank heaters on/off ? I was told that when I used the furnace that the ducts under the flooring would keep that area warm....

I don't use my furnace... I use a small space heater. so.... no 'heated' tanks

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Yeah there's no heated tank pads on mine either. Just the ducts enclosed in the underbelly that they call "heated tanks". I do know the sanibels do cause I saw a switch for them. No Water filter either. If it did they are in the central docking station, but never saw on any crusaders from factory. On to the water pump mine is in the basement behind the docking station. Have to remove a few screws to access. Hope this helps!!!
Hey Guy,
Thanks for the help....I think everyone is Right on the tank heaters using the ducks to heat. As to the pump I did find it today in the same spot you said about just have to move the slide out tray and remove the panel..........
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Hey Guy,
Thanks for the help....I think everyone is Right on the tank heaters using the ducks to heat. As to the pump I did find it today in the same spot you said about just have to move the slide out tray and remove the panel..........

On a different note..... How are you liking the crusader?? I just got mine last month and dying to use it but the weather won't let me .
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #16

On my 303RKS, I was told "heated underbelly" (which is the heating duct(s) routed to the enclosed underbelly). I think that salesmen are erroneously using the terms heated tanks and heated underbelly interchangeably.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
On a different note..... How are you liking the crusader?? I just got mine last month and dying to use it but the weather won't let me .
We love it, however we are like you we just got last month and have not had it out yet. We have a trip planed in Feb right near our house at Stephen Foster or Suwannee State parks........We are going to the Super Show in Tampa in a few weeks to pickup some other Stuff and get more Questions answered.
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
I was 'told' that my Hemisphere came with 'heated' tanks.... I asked about how to turn the tank heaters on/off ? I was told that when I used the furnace that the ducts under the flooring would keep that area warm....

I don't use my furnace... I use a small space heater. so.... no 'heated' tanks

We use electric heaters too. I just made sure that on really cold nights (say below 28 degrees), I set the electric heaters so that they couldn't keep up and set the propane furnace so that it had to run periodically. Remember, it would have to be a prolonged freeze for the tanks to freeze solid. And, leaving the electric heaters on, prolonged the interval that the furnace started thereby saving propane.

To each his own. This happens to work for us.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, tank, water, water pump, heater