Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Don't call me Junior!!!

Cool Television Mounts

This may be covered in some other area of the board but I cannot seem to get anywhere by searching.

We just traded up to a new 3100RET and we want to mount a small 19" television in the bedroom. There is a ceiling mount in the bedroom with the same V pattern mount as the exterior of the RV. Where do we find the male side to attach to the rear of the television? the mounting holes on the rear of the TV are 3"X3".

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #2

Look here. If you find what you want Google the part number and you may find it cheaper being sold under a different brand name (same mount) like RCA.
JENSEN LCD TV Mounts - The Best RV TV mount
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

The male mount should have come in your owners package
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Commercial Member

davidjb is correct. We ship one in the package with the Owner's Manuals, Remotes, etc that is typically in the Refrigerator. Depends on how your dealer handles all of those items during delivery, though.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #5

Check out walmart. I added a 22" with a dvd player in my bedroom and bought the mount from walmart. Best price and quality I found. Detaches easily if you want to remove it during the winter months.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #6

I too would like to know where to get the male portion that attaches to the tv as I am going to add a second tv and need another mount plate.
Ugly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
Don't call me Junior!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjb View Post
The male mount should have come in your owners package

Thank you and RV GUY for pointing this out, however unsurprisingly it was not included in anything the dealer gave me. I will discuss with them later in the week. Thanks guys.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #8

I'd like to find a way to mount tap tv on a side wall in the bedroom that swings out...not really to fond of the ceiling mount. Any one done this before ?

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Don't call me Junior!!!

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post
Thank you and RV GUY for pointing this out, however unsurprisingly it was not included in anything the dealer gave me. I will discuss with them later in the week. Thanks guys.
As I expected, I spoke with the dealer and he promised to find one somewhere, claims they don't come with the RVs.

I explained PTM said they did... He promised to check into it and get back to me. Now the dealer doesn't return my phone calls or voice messages and when I stopped by over the weekend he told me he never got time to check on my request.

Prime Time is a fine product... I am really amazingly frustrated with the dealer network. i don't understand how these dealers survive with such horrid customer service skills.

I have purchased two prime time RVs within a year of one another, both times I have been happy with the unit. But I have absolutely despised BOTH dealers.... Urgggg

I'm just going to go buy an off the shelf wall mount from Wal-Mart or somewhere. this is just too much brain damage trying to get a simple issue handled by the dealer.

Best

Bubbatex
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Don't call me Junior!!!

As is typical of PrimeTime they sent one directly to my house. I wish we could just purchase directly from the manufacture and cut out the Dealer. Seems to me the Dealers could care less about their customers but PrimeTime does.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #11

What is the biggest size tv that can go on the outside mount?
rgdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
davidjb is correct. We ship one in the package with the Owner's Manuals, Remotes, etc that is typically in the Refrigerator. Depends on how your dealer handles all of those items during delivery, though.

PTM
I can confirm that my spare TV mount was in the "Owners Package" in the kitchen drawer.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post
As is typical of PrimeTime they sent one directly to my house. I wish we could just purchase directly from the manufacture and cut out the Dealer. Seems to me the Dealers could care less about their customers but PrimeTime does.
The willingness of PrimeTime to help the owner of their trailer makes me very happy. (and warm and fuzzy inside)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdds View Post
What is the biggest size tv that can go on the outside mount?

Our Puma has a 32" TV that you can mount inside or outside the female side on the mounting bracket is permanently mounted. Just lift the tv off the inside mount & slip it into the outside mount. The hookups are already on the outside as well.
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #15

Was that the tv that came with the puma? I should be receiving my toy hauler in 2 weeks and ordered one with no tv. Will be mounting a larger tv. Curious if they will supply me with the male mounting part. Do you know what brand and part number the mounting brackets are? In case i need to order any parts. Also do you keep the tv mounted while traveling? Not sure how secure those type of mounts are. Was going to go with a swivel arm mount but not sure how to use it outside. Don't want to have to unscrew mount then put another mount on just to use outside. Sorry starting to ramble.......
rgdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdds View Post
Was that the tv that came with the puma? I should be receiving my toy hauler in 2 weeks and ordered one with no tv. Will be mounting a larger tv. Curious if they will supply me with the male mounting part. Do you know what brand and part number the mounting brackets are? In case i need to order any parts. Also do you keep the tv mounted while traveling? Not sure how secure those type of mounts are. Was going to go with a swivel arm mount but not sure how to use it outside. Don't want to have to unscrew mount then put another mount on just to use outside. Sorry starting to ramble.......
Yes actually we ordered the smaller TV but it was upgraded to the optional 32" at the factory.... (No unscrewing) The bracket has a two pin attachment just lift up (unplug the wiring) & carry it outside & slide the pins slide into the bracket mounted on the outside. It is on a swing arm. There is also a spring pin to keep the arm stationary and strap to hold it against the wall for travel. Our dealer up graded the cheap strap. I do not know the part number but I am fairly sure that the outside bracket can be see on "Palimino Puma Unleashed" website. There has been (don't know if it is still there) on ebay search Puma Unleashed 356 great pictures professionally done of the whole trailer (Better than the factory web site)but the outside bracket & how the TV mount allows the TV is be positiond was shown as well.
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
I'd like to find a way to mount tap tv on a side wall in the bedroom that swings out...not really to fond of the ceiling mount. Any one done this before ?
I have put tv in bedroom, just bought a swinging TV wall mount from ebay. I located the studs and partial drilled. I take down the TV when we travel just to be safe.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstroke2012 View Post
I have put tv in bedroom, just bought a swinging TV wall mount from ebay. I located the studs and partial drilled. I take down the TV when we travel just to be safe.
Do you still have good clearance when trying to get to yor bed? Have any pics? I would love to see it. Thanks

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #19

Kozzy, sent you a private message on details.