Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpierce View Post
Did you get the gps/camera receiver. Should be in a drawer. The transmitters for both cameras are in the cabinet above the night stand on the street side. You'll have to dig in the void a little to find them. The camera in the garage is to watch your toys in the garage bounce around on rough sections of road.

Any chance you have a picture of what he’s looking for? I want to make sure my new one comes with it.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Did you get the gps/camera receiver. Should be in a drawer. The transmitters for both cameras are in the cabinet above the night stand on the street side. You'll have to dig in the void a little to find them. The camera in the garage is to watch your toys in the garage bounce around on rough sections of road.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #23

It's a garmin. The important part is the power cord with the camera receiver integral. I replaced it with an RV 770 and am much happier. When you find the transmitters in the cabinet, untwist each fuse holder and put them back together and the cameras and garmin will pai
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #24
Life long camper

Thanks, I did receive the monitor. Sales person told me it was a GPS. I have opened it up and will install when the weather gets better. Thanks for all the info.
Michael Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #25
Always Learning

Annnnnnd, was supposed to buy my 1245 next week but as of this instant, the deal is off. The dealer is balking on promises and I’m not willing to budge.

They’re asking $8-9k more than most everyone else in the country and I was OK with that, as long as they included some extras and transferred a bunch of stuff from my current rig to the next one. I asked for the list to be in writing and their finance guy assured me that an extra page with the contract would suffice but now 3 weeks later, it didn’t. My fault for not properly getting it in writing.

In the course of the discussion with upper management this afternoon, he ultimately got rude and insulting.

Oh well- we’ll buy down the road somewhere.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Annnnnnd, was supposed to buy my 1245 next week but as of this instant, the deal is off. The dealer is balking on promises and I’m not willing to budge.

They’re asking $8-9k more than most everyone else in the country and I was OK with that, as long as they included some extras and transferred a bunch of stuff from my current rig to the next one. I asked for the list to be in writing and their finance guy assured me that an extra page with the contract would suffice but now 3 weeks later, it didn’t. My fault for not properly getting it in writing.

In the course of the discussion with upper management this afternoon, he ultimately got rude and insulting.

Oh well- we’ll buy down the road somewhere.

Well, that sucks. Better to walk away! No room for rudeness in the sales business,it will get you nowhere......when will they learn!!??
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #27

I hate to hear that. I guess it's better to find out about the dealer now instead of later. Look for ways to leave reviews. I know for a fact most of them are scared to death of bad reviews.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #28
Always Learning

Quote:
I hate to hear that. I guess it's better to find out about the dealer now instead of later. Look for ways to leave reviews. I know for a fact most of them are scared to death of bad reviews.

Yeah, it whomps. I’m tracking down another- we’ll see how it goes.

For y’all with it. Has anyone installed a washer/dryer in the garage? Where did you vent it?

And, I saw the pull handles behind the tires but where is the sewer connection? I didn’t see a rear one- just the forward connection. Are they all plumbed together? Or did I overlook something obvious?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #29

Most of the combo washer dryers are ventless. The sewer connection is for all tanks. I had it shortened and a permanent gate valve put on the end because of tank leakage do to debris in the tanks messing with the individual valves. The debris is not a problem anymore. I also put a simple hatch in the skirt in front of the rear pull handles for easy access. Haven't gotten my knees dirty since.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #30
Always Learning

Quote:
Most of the combo washer dryers are ventless. The sewer connection is for all tanks. I had it shortened and a permanent gate valve put on the end because of tank leakage do to debris in the tanks messing with the individual valves. The debris is not a problem anymore. I also put a simple hatch in the skirt in front of the rear pull handles for easy access. Haven't gotten my knees dirty since.

Our combo is vented- the Splendide 2100XC is the vented. The 7100-or something is unvented. I’ll only have a vented one- it’s slow enough! LOL

I’d love to see pics of what you changed. I usually put on a twist on gate valve and clear elbow onto my sewer connections. Though, I’m glad to hear there is only 1- that’ll cut down on the amount of sewer hose and accoutrements I carry.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #31

Our RZR won't fit with a washer/dryer, so I'll never find out. Plus it's just the two of us so it isn't as pressing for us as you with kids. I put mine in storage for a while, so no pics for a while. The twist on gate valve on mine actually stuck out beyond the front tire two to three inches and made me nervous. That's why I had them cut it back 6 or 8 inches. It also made it much higher, and they added a strap making it rock solid. It amazes me that some you see ride so close to the ground with a single attachment point.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #32
Always Learning

Good point about the twist on valve sticking out too far. I’ll take a look once I have everything and will see how it goes. I might follow your lead, though!
Old 02-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #33

What is your date for delivery. I can put together a list of things I added/changed and DM it to you. Then you can see if I can offer any other info. Hell, I have a list of stuff I want to do to it later this year. My mind is ripe for picking.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #34
Always Learning

Quote:
What is your date for delivery. I can put together a list of things I added/changed and DM it to you. Then you can see if I can offer any other info. Hell, I have a list of stuff I want to do to it later this year. My mind is ripe for picking.

No clue. The sales lady threw out by the end of the month, but I’ll be shocked if that happens!

Send me any info you want- I’m all ears!
Old 03-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #35
Always Learning

We are supposed to pickup our Spartan next week!

Can anyone tell me where the converter is located? I need to swap it with the one from my current camper when we get into that one.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #36

It's integral to the distribution panel in the electrical cabinet. I'm not sure, but you could probably bypass it. Congratulations on finally making it happen.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #37
Always Learning

Quote:
It's integral to the distribution panel in the electrical cabinet. I'm not sure, but you could probably bypass it. Congratulations on finally making it happen.

Oh, hmm. On my Sabre, it’s BEHIND the electrical distribution panel. You have to remove that to get to the converter but then it’s just a matter of unplugging it and disconnecting the 12v lines to take it out.

Guess I’ll see Friday what can or can’t be done. I can’t leave the Sabre without a converter.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:14 AM   #38
Always Learning

the new 2016 Prime time 1245 Spartan

Today was pickup day! We did our walk-thru (aka PDI) and spent about 3 hours. A little bit of a mixed bag but nothing terrible- looked to be a water leak with either the fresh water tank or the rear gray water tank, a couple of knicks and scratches outside, and a few other things here or there.

It’s a 2017 unit and you can tell it sat on a lot for a long time (since Dec 2016).

- scratch near exterior of fridge
- sticker residue near front door
- chip towards front on door side
- sticker residue on front cap
- torn sticker on front cap (remove it)
- scratch in master bedroom door
- top drawer in master bedroom appears to not stay latched during travel (can see scratches on glass door for master bedroom)
- door side window in garage doesn’t open properly
- front LED lights not working
- missing backup camera monitor
- central vacuum hose missing
- crack in dicor on roof vent
- hole in dicor at front cap
- kitchen side slide topper seems a little small
- TV antenna fell apart and seemed a little loose on the roof

Overall, I think we took them a little by surprise at the thoroughness of our PDI. He seemed a bit in disbelief when I said I wanted to head onto the roof. Glad I did- saw some issues with the sealant. Same with crawling underneath- saw the water leak.

That said, I’m not unhappy. I think all of these things are certainly manageable... though, I don’t know how you fix scratches and chips in the exterior.

Ok, so pictures...
Old 03-10-2018, 02:33 AM   #39
Always Learning

I actually don’t think I have any exterior shots. They pulled it from their PDI area to what they call their “swap over” spots, they moved it with my truck but I was inside while it happened.

So interior shots from before we started loading it up. It’s literally chaos at this point- nothing has a place yet and the garage is literally filled with boxes and crap.

Here is the kitchen, peninsula, and sofa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8627.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	164719

The kitchen has a double-door 2-way fridge, a convection microwave, and a stove top/oven. There’s also a huge pantry.

Name:	IMG_8628.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	164720

At the end of the peninsula is the ridiculously large 50” TV. This thing is gargantuan.

Name:	IMG_8629.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	164721

Going back to the entry door, these are the steps to go upstairs. One thing I like about these is that they are a more natural/residential step height.

Name:	IMG_8631.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	164722

Looking back the hallway and into the bedroom. We’ve already moved the table at the foot of the bed; that screamed “stubbed toe!”. We’ll ultimately get rid of it and the theater seats and put a real table where they are. I’m on the hunt for an affordable pedestal table with leaf to go from a square table to a rectangular one.

Name:	IMG_8634.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	164723

The dealership “porters” swapped the mattresses for us. I have to install the Sleep Number lump under the bed.

Name:	IMG_8638.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	164724

The master bathroom is nice. My daughter says it feels very residential. I think it’s the solid surface countertops.

Name:	IMG_8635.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	164725

Name:	IMG_8636.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	164726

Looking back downstairs from the landing.

Name:	IMG_8639.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	164727

To close out the night, the kids are snuggled in bed!

Name:	IMG_8641.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	164728

And unfortunately no pictures of the garage or 1/2 bath.

I do have video on my family’s page for our fulltime adventures1.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #40

Great example of how a PDI should be done thanks for sharing
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time