Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #1

Smile the new 2016 Prime time 1245 Spartan

Does anyone have one and would like to comment on Pros and Cons of the rig??
russtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Always Learning

Resurrecting this ancient thread. Does anyone have the Spartan 1245 that want to chime in on their rig?

Is the slide floor in the living room flush?

What kind of CCC are you seeing? Specs say it's supposed to have up to 5,900 lbs. of carrying capacity.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
Life long camper

Prime time 1245

Just picked up a 2017 1245 Thursday, January 18. My initial walk thru is I am not finding any heat vents in the garage area. The slide floor in the living area is so close to the couch and appliances I do not see a problem with the floor matching as you would not be stepping on it. Slide has carpeting and the coach has tile. Got it home and the furnace does not work. Low gas flow. Gonna try a reset on the regulator when the sun comes up here in Michigan. So far so good. Tows real nice with the tri-axle. Towing with a 2003 Dodge 2wd 1 ton dually diesel.

I'll keep you updated as I check everything out. Mike G
Michael Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
Always Learning

Thanks! In the garage, just beside the door to living area are 3 or 4 holes on the wall down near the floor. They’re really hard to see- it’s my understanding that these are the heat vents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7314.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	160506

Either way, our walk-thru and transition of moving stuff from our Sabre to the Spartan are scheduled for mid-Feb.

We are going to get rid of the loveseat and put in benches, table, and chairs there.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #5
Always Learning

Could you gas flow issue simply be due to the cold (assuming Michigan is the great cold tundra)?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #6

Here's how we replaced our theater seats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_162938.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	160538  
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpierce View Post
Here's how we replaced our theater seats

Awesome! That’s exactly what we are thinking. We need to sit 4 typically and 6 on a semi-regular basis (my in-laws join us).

My wife is thinking of benches across the wall and adjacent to the steps and then 2 chairs. We’ll have an extra chair and can double up one on the bench.

The dealer showed us a table with a built-in leaf that seems like it should work well. They just have to get one from Indiana (thrown into a camper order) so who knows if they’ll get it in 4 weeks time.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #8

The table is a drop leaf, grows close to twice it's size, and came from Rooms to Go for 300 bucks.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:15 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
The table is a drop leaf, grows close to twice it's size, and came from Rooms to Go for 300 bucks.

Ohhh, thanks!

I think I’m going to get one of those wall heaters for the garage for heat back there. And also plan on a 3rd A/C; I’m not sure if it’ll have a heat strip or not.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 AM   #10
Life long camper

Found the vents. Thank you. Also I reset the regulator and all works fine. The table and chairs looks great. Have a great day.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #11

I considered the third a/c and my dealer suggested a seperate 15 amp cord to power it. The garage is also a great place for dinner with the door down for the view. Sounds like your plan will definitely fix the climate in the garage.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
I considered the third a/c and my dealer suggested a seperate 15 amp cord to power it. The garage is also a great place for dinner with the door down for the view. Sounds like your plan will definitely fix the climate in the garage.

It’s going to be our kid’s bedroom, so we absolutely need it climate controlled back there. I want to wire it into the system and ultimately get a “Power Management System” that automatically sheds loads.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Garrison View Post
Found the vents. Thank you. Also I reset the regulator and all works fine. The table and chairs looks great. Have a great day.

Huzzah!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It’s going to be our kid’s bedroom, so we absolutely need it climate controlled back there. I want to wire it into the system and ultimately get a “Power Management System” that automatically sheds loads.

I think if you order it from PT with the third A/C, & genset, it should more than likely come with some sort of management system to manage the potential A/C load & power switching should the genset be called upon to start.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:26 PM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I think if you order it from PT with the third A/C, & genset, it should more than likely come with some sort of management system to manage the potential A/C load & power switching should the genset be called upon to start.

They didn’t seem to offer a 3rd A/C as an option- just wiring and bracing. When I asked, this is what the factory rep said:
Quote:
We don’t offer the Power management system for the 3rd AC. So what this means is it will be installed, and will have its own thermostat installed (typically on the sidewall of the garage).
I really would have preferred if a 3rd A/C and power management system were offered.

Even worse- they aren’t taking factory orders now. They don’t plan on building Spartans again until Oct/Nov at the earliest but more likely Spring 2019. (Which is actually why we were rushed into buying one now.)
Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #16

Quote:
They didn’t seem to offer a 3rd A/C as an option- just wiring and bracing. When I asked, this is what the factory rep said:

I really would have preferred if a 3rd A/C and power management system were offered.

Even worse- they aren’t taking factory orders now. They don’t plan on building Spartans again until Oct/Nov at the earliest but more likely Spring 2019. (Which is actually why we were rushed into buying one now.)

Ahhh, well.....you don't have anything else to do except start doing all your new mods anyway!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #17
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Ahhh, well.....you don't have anything else to do except start doing all your new mods anyway!

Since I handed the dealer a heck of a deal, I’ve asked them to swap and move a bunch of stuff. It’s like pre-modding the new RV!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Since I handed the dealer a heck of a deal, I’ve asked them to swap and move a bunch of stuff. It’s like pre-modding the new RV!

Old 02-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #19
Life long camper

Prime time 1245

Picked up a 2017 Spartan toy hauler. Discovered a rear camera at the rear top of the coach. I also found a wired camera under the television cabinet in the garage. Anyone have an idea what parts I need to hook these cameras up to a monitor? All I could find in the owners manual is to go to the palomino page? Thanks MG
Old 02-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #20

Did you get the gps/camera receiver. Should be in a drawer. The transmitters for both cameras are in the cabinet above the night stand on the street side. You'll have to dig in the void a little to find them. The camera in the garage is to watch your toys in the garage bounce around on rough sections of road.

Tags
prime time