Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
Was the AC unit in the bedroom added after the original production of the unit? That would explain why it is trying to cool the bedroom. During the original build of the trailer ducting was run throughout the trailer. If I remember correctly the second unit in the bedroom is not ducted. A solution would be to disconnect and block the venting to the bedroom from the living room AC. This will divert the wasted cooling to the living area and the garage.

Yes both units are stock and ducted. The 1240x comes that way. I don't remember being hot last July at Disney so maybe I just need to get the 2nd unit checked out. Nothing says it couldn't have gone bad like the first.

I think they duct together so you could get by with one unit if you were stuck with 30 amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Dwighop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwighop View Post
Insulation? I didn't see a lick under the garage. I'm thinking about dropping the fuel tanks and adding foam board. I've got a 1240x.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I have use these fastener to hold a bosshoss 1,200 pds in the floor for a Condon installation they work great :
Self-Tapping Thread Inserts
Pierre Allard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:54 AM   #63

Good morning...have enjoyed reading the comments on the Spartan 1032. Will pick ours up in a couple weeks...looking forward to it! Will return the favor and tell of our experiences...when we have had some. Thanks again.
steven1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #64

We have a 3210 that we picked up in January. So far, everything has worked like it was supposed to. We've had no issues other than the blue lights above the bed that bother my wife, I close my eyes and don't see them. I think my wife is finally happy camping.
Eskimo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #65

Also own a new Spartan 3210. Haven't had it long enough to learn much about it but did know from the beginning we did not want/need the lower bench/bed in the garage. Took about 20 minutes to get it completely out. Makes the garage area look much larger and "cleaner". Bed on top still goes up and down but now it comes down to where you don't need the flimsy and steep ladder.
steven1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #66

We recently purchased a new Spartan 2510.
we have some rather significant problems.
Top 3 are:
- Fresh water tank bracket failed on curb side(tank is down 2-3 inches)
- There are no coaxial cables run to outside junction panel.
- Inside fuel level indicator doesn't work (dealer said there is one outside and the one on the inside is only if you have 2 fuel tanks) Sounds like BS to me.
Is there a way to have both gauges work at the same time? maybe a switch on the outside by fuel pump switch.
Nice trailer but it has a huge list of deficiencies and we hope the it can be fixed without missing too much camping time.
shaunmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:52 AM   #67

Have 2016- 1234x have 2 fuel tanks, one for generator and one for fueling toys. Inside fuel gage only read generator fuel tank, outside gauge have both tanks reading if this may help you.
Pierre Allard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 AM   #68

So there must be a way for them to have both gauges active..
Old 05-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #69

Beware!!!!! Sounds like you may get less help from your dealer. Prime Time will stand behind their product but only as good as your dealers communication with them (or lack thereof). Be proactive, call PT and ask if certain things ( like the gas gauge) are supposed to be like they are. Then don't take the BS & tell them to just FIX IT!!!
BTW, all the tv stuff ( as well as ALL the other major components) should have been checked during the dealers inspection and shown to you ( working) during your PDI.

:-P
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #70

They just showed us the outdoor panel and said this is where you hook up your satellite or cable.
And they claim that they don't start the generator.
Sound like they are kinda shifty
$500 for PDI. Don't think they did too much.
I have contacted Rick at prime time and he said it sounds like a wiring issue
I replied and asked if both gauges should work when there is only one tank.
I appreciate the input.
Shaun
Old 06-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmic View Post
They just showed us the outdoor panel and said this is where you hook up your satellite or cable.
And they claim that they don't start the generator.
Sound like they are kinda shifty
$500 for PDI. Don't think they did too much.
I have contacted Rick at prime time and he said it sounds like a wiring issue
I replied and asked if both gauges should work when there is only one tank.
I appreciate the input.
Shaun

I've NEVER paid extra for a PDI (3 RV's @ 2 different dealers)!!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:43 AM   #72

After seeing a new post on this thread about heat ducts in the garage that I thought were non existent, I finally found the 3 tiny ducts under the sliding door of my 1032 last night. They are very well hidden but are there.

We have had our Spartan for nearly a year now and made some significant upgrades this spring. First we added two 290 watt, 24 volt solar panels, a MPPT charge controller a 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter, a Trimetric battery monitor and two huge 260 AH 12V batteries. Now all electrical outlets are hot as long as the inverter is turned on. Most of our camping is boon docking and the new solar array and batteries have made it possible to do without turning on the generator except for running the AC's if needed. The other addition was putting on GY G614 tires. I read to many posts on other forums about the cheap china tires blowing out that I finally went and spent the money on G rated tires. Glad I did since we normally are pretty heavy going out with the RZR and other stuff packed in the garage plus full water and fuel most of the time.
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #73

For those wondering how to kill the blue haze night lights over your bed....see my fix posted under "insomnia". Easy to kill the blue LEDs without affecting normal operation of the light

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #74

For those wondering about bolting down a Condor wheel chock (free standing model) in the garage....it is not necessary. I put my Condor up against the heat ducts under the sliding door....then I strap my Harley by the triple tree pulling the bike forward on the front D rings which keeps it prested again't the wall....backward from the saddle bag guards to the rear D rings...then one strap across the seat to each middle side D ring. I have towed thousands of miles over the biggest bumps and the 800 lb bike never moved a single inch. No bolts through the floor whatsoever. Use good straps with soft ties...

2014 Spartan 1032
Old 02-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
@turbo
The Spartan's do not come with an antenna booster as far as I can tell. Per the dealer, you change each tv from air to cable in the source menu then scan the channels in.
Yes there is. It in on the cable outlet in the garage behind the TV. Its a very small button.
jshackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #76

A quick tip on the booster.... they say to turn it off when connecting to cable, but I found that the picture still stinks. The best option I discovered was instead of connecting cable to the "cable" input on the outside of the coach...connect to the "satellite" inputs. These go directly to a separate outlet behind each tv. There are 3 on the outside, one for each tv inside. I put a splitter outside so the one cable can connect to all 3 satellite inputs... then put a switched splitter behind each tv so I can switch between the antenna feed or the satellite (cable) feed. Picture is so much clearer not passing through the booster, on or off.

2014 Spartan 1032
Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
A quick tip on the booster.... they say to turn it off when connecting to cable, but I found that the picture still stinks. The best option I discovered was instead of connecting cable to the "cable" input on the outside of the coach...connect to the "satellite" inputs. These go directly to a separate outlet behind each tv. There are 3 on the outside, one for each tv inside. I put a splitter outside so the one cable can connect to all 3 satellite inputs... then put a switched splitter behind each tv so I can switch between the antenna feed or the satellite (cable) feed. Picture is so much clearer not passing through the booster, on or off.

Having had a similar issue, it sound like you have lousy connections on your cable Tv run somewhere. Sometimes it's just loose connections either at the splitter(s) or on the backside of the wall plates. Another place to check would be at the booster itself. Make sure all the connections are tight behind it too. If ALL the Tv's get bad reception then I would first check the connection right behind your cable connection outside your coach. Your satellite runs are good so, that's great.
I helped a neighbor once and was checking behind the booster and found that during assembly at the factory, they had badly "chafed" the coax while pulling it through the wall that it was virtually broken. I cut it back to a good part, put a new end on it and BAM....great cable reception.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #78

Been Several Years with my Spartan Toy Hauler - and 1 law suite that I gave up on. Been a good trailer unless you want to put something in the garage. Trust me, before any of the you trailer amateur starts comments about weights and tires, I found a flaw in the design, and if you have a two axle 5th wheel toy hauler, try this experiment and see if I where your rig stands - This is very, very simple math. With your Toy H. full of everything but liquids (Have all of your stuff in it except empty tanks), weigh your rig and truck, get your truck front axle weight, truck rear axle and both of the trailer axles.
Now add your toy - mine is a 2015 Polaris RzR - same thing that happen to be in the Spartan Brochure, or very close. Do the same process above? Did your hitch weight drop a 1,000 pounds and your front trailer axle is now over loaded? You should be under GVWR by about 1,500 Lbs but your front axle is doomed. Bad ****! Bad Design, Dangerous Design. Even have a case open with the US DOT.

Advice - if your going to buy a Forest River 2 Axle toy hauler have them put in writing what the weight limit of the garage is - it has nothing to do with the GVWR of the trailer. Sport up for the 3rd axle.

Still love my trailer, and I have learned how to work around the issue. Would buy another Forest River Product, but not another Prime Time Product
One_Mad_Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #79

Interesting post... I have not done a weight check by axle...but this is reason for concern. I have a Spartan 1032 twin axle that I haul a Harley Road Glide...weighs about 900 lbs. Your RZR is a bit heavier...I would think somewhere in the 1400 lb. range? I would think that weight in the garage, being aft of the rear trailer axle, would put more strain on the rear axle than the front trailer axle...considering the lever effect lifting the hitch weight. I dumped the China bomb tires that had severe belt separation after just a few thousand miles...and moved up to a higher load range tire. I am surprised the DOT/Highway Safety/CPSC has not intervened in that massively widespread safety problem. Please keep the information you learn posted. Safety is paramount. Thanks for posting.

2014 Spartan 1032
Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Having had a similar issue, it sound like you have lousy connections on your cable Tv run somewhere. Sometimes it's just loose connections either at the splitter(s) or on the backside of the wall plates. Another place to check would be at the booster itself. Make sure all the connections are tight behind it too. If ALL the Tv's get bad reception then I would first check the connection right behind your cable connection outside your coach. Your satellite runs are good so, that's great.
I helped a neighbor once and was checking behind the booster and found that during assembly at the factory, they had badly "chafed" the coax while pulling it through the wall that it was virtually broken. I cut it back to a good part, put a new end on it and BAM....great cable reception.
Actually, the TV connections are all very good. My antenna provides excellent signal to all 3 TVs. Only when the cable is connected does the problem present itself. It could be the external cable connection feed inside the coach....or the inner side of the exterior wall where the cable comes in. Suffice it to say...it was easier to just use the satellite connectors. Following the wiring in these trailers can be frustrating sometimes...

2014 Spartan 1032