Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #21

Update 🎉🎉

Just got email from dealer that extended warranty (Cornerstone) has authorized repair to our unit 🎉🎉

We will be taking unit back to dealer after the holidays as the camper is parked in our back yard and we cannot get to it until we take down our Christmas decorations - we sorta go "Griswald-like" and we just got it all put up for this year 🎄

Will let everyone know how this turns out....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
we sorta go "Griswald-like" and we just got it all put up for this year 🎄
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

Will post pics in Off Topic section when we get it powered up this weekend 🎅🏻🎄

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
This is not only an issue with PT rigs. It is happening across other brands as well.

In my case PT took care of it with ZERO cost to me. A simple phone call was all it took to get the ball rolling.
How did you the ball rolling if you don't mind me asking did they send you the parts and you did it yourself?
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #25

Will call PT mine is starting to get bad on the main slide near the ends on the bottom (only have 2 slides) smaller bedroom slide is fine no issues. Hopefully, it can be repaired quickly we have an active camping season planned for 2017.

I plan on dropping off the 5er in mid-January for the repair seems like all the do is put some kind of patch plate in position. This Darco wrap is garbage went out and looked at a 2017 Jayco and they don't use this stuff. Purchased the Crusader 296 BHS in May 2016 so far it's been great with only minor annoyances that's expected with any RV purchase to be honest. So far we have 32 nights on the rig & we like it thus far.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
How did you the ball rolling if you don't mind me asking did they send you the parts and you did it yourself?
I got in contact with both my dealer and PT at the same time. Let them both know that this was happening and I wanted it dealt with. Initially PT claimed they were not aware of it, but when I told them that they in fact did know and also had a solution they changed their tune quickly. I actually was referred to Rick who took charge right away. He is fantastic.

The parts were shipped to my dealer and they took care of it along with some other minor issues. At first my dealer called me and told me they had trouble installing, but I gave them some pictures of an already done rig (thanks Platokidd) and they got them installed without issue.

It's been 100% fine since.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I got in contact with both my dealer and PT at the same time. Let them both know that this was happening and I wanted it dealt with. Initially PT claimed they were not aware of it, but when I told them that they in fact did know and also had a solution they changed their tune quickly. I actually was referred to Rick who took charge right away. He is fantastic.

The parts were shipped to my dealer and they took care of it along with some other minor issues. At first my dealer called me and told me they had trouble installing, but I gave them some pictures of an already done rig (thanks Platokidd) and they got them installed without issue.

It's been 100% fine since.
Will reach out to PT & my local dealer this next week I need to get the ball rolling on this. Do you have photos of yours installed?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #28

One positive is the issue has been documented in the forum...more than once. For me, as a prospective buyer of a used unit, searching across various forums is a very valuable resource. Sometimes the fixes are more important than trying to avoid all the potential problems, as how many buyers would have picked up on this undercoating issue and the lack of warranty coverage - probably only .1 percent.

I'm guessing that the mfg is reading this forum and that helps inspire them to do something about it for the owner...but they might not be willing to admit they are reading this forum.

I remember talking about a used class A on another forum. There was a great deal on it offered at a dealer. And, there was a well-know problem with its windshield. There apparently was a good fix for it, but those who knew about the problem seemed unaware of the fix and its long-term efficacy. Always interesting how things go.

Good luck with achieving a long-term fix...maybe just a few experiments to get there.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post

I'm guessing that the mfg is reading this forum and that helps inspire them to do something about it for the owner...but they might not be willing to admit they are reading this forum.
But not inspired to redesign their slides-outs.
I was at the RV show last weekend in Chicago. Prime Time is still using the darco garbage on the bottom of slides. One unit even showed signs of starting to fray.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Will reach out to PT & my local dealer this next week I need to get the ball rolling on this. Do you have photos of yours installed?
Post 1 of this thread has links to before and after install

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-45789.html

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote