Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #41

Mellow out guys, it is Easter!
RV Guy gave a great explanation, and ky joe seems satisified.
That's all that really matters.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #42

Mine lets out water in the same place. Dealer explained it and im good with it.
2013 Night Camping 41
kempoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
New to Forest River

and posting it here pretty much DOES put it in writing (kinda).
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
They got the job most likely because they were the low bidder.
You cannot tell me that a main frame made up of three pieces of tin welded together is as good as a hot-rolled I-beam. But it is obviously a lot cheaper to make.
I suppose it is adequate, but from the stories of frames cracking and pin boxes collapsing, the frames are obviously barely adequate.
My old fifth wheel was built like a tank, and I would gladly pay for that quality if it was available.
You do know that Lippert manufactureers frames to whatever specs that the RV companies want, right?

Otherwise, there wouldn't be very many RV's on the road, since Lippert makes 95% of the frames. Obviously, some manufacturer's spec them right, and some don't.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #45

I am glad to read that the outside kitchen door is not made with laminated filon fiberglass. I was afraid that the fiberglass would delaminate from the luan plywood. It is does not, the moisture should not be a problem. Thanks for the info RV Guy.....
Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #46

And again we see why the vast majority of us prime owners get a little offended when someone is yelling that the product stinks and NOT to buy it. Granted a small few have had issues, but time and time and time again , prime , and more specifically rv guy have addressed the concerns/issues in an honest and matter of fact way....and in this industry, that says a lot! ...I recommend prime time on EVERY trip we make if someone asks....and a HEALTHY dose of buyer education and orientation BEFORE you buy....i guess being handy sure goes a long way too...lol
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
You do know that Lippert manufactureers frames to whatever specs that the RV companies want, right?

Otherwise, there wouldn't be very many RV's on the road, since Lippert makes 95% of the frames. Obviously, some manufacturer's spec them right, and some don't.
So you are saying that it is FR's engineers who design the frames?
Somehow I find that hard to believe, since Lippert is the manufacturer.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Mellow out guys, it is Easter!
RV Guy gave a great explanation, and ky joe seems satisified.
That's all that really matters.
Ah ! Advice not taken, and bakken you got sucked right back in, that's what I love about this forum....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Ah ! Advice not taken, and bakken you got sucked right back in, that's what I love about this forum....
Haha
I guess posts that make little sense do that to me!
Above all,
Old 03-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
And again we see why the vast majority of us prime owners get a little offended when someone is yelling that the product stinks and NOT to buy it. Granted a small few have had issues, but time and time and time again , prime , and more specifically rv guy have addressed the concerns/issues in an honest and matter of fact way....and in this industry, that says a lot! ...I recommend prime time on EVERY trip we make if someone asks....and a HEALTHY dose of buyer education and orientation BEFORE you buy....i guess being handy sure goes a long way too...lol

X2.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #51

Quote:

Unless you are one of the few!! Put yourself in their position. Like mine has been a continuous barrage of problems and the latest are structural in nature, and my family has only been able to use it twice 7 months. My 1981 Coachman saw over 100k miles and camping was fun.
BTW we are not a camp twice a year family.
Not much fun anymore.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #52

I have had dealings with the lippert company and had good luck so they did help me out as far as the trailer door leaking that is not right if they do not take care of it write to trailer life magazine and they may post your problem in the section with people having probloms AND I WILL TELL YOU THEY WILL STEP UP AND FIX IT AS THEY DO NOT LIKE THIS
jkklops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
Unless you are one of the few!! Put yourself in their position. Like mine has been a continuous barrage of problems and the latest are structural in nature, and my family has only been able to use it twice 7 months. My 1981 Coachman saw over 100k miles and camping was fun.
BTW we are not a camp twice a year family.
Not much fun anymore.

I fully agree!! It would and DOES stink to be one of the "few" no matter how small that number is. I had a Ford F-150 that I bought new in 2001 and it was in for warranty repairs no less than 12 TIMES in the first 2 years!!.. and this was a vehicle I NEEDED for work, and school...so yes...I know exactly what your going through....and not only is it frustrating, it is also financially a burden....time off for transport and pick up, gas, lost vacations....ect....

My intent was not to lessen the severity of your (or anyone experiencing problems) issues, only to point out that prime as a WHOLE has a pretty good track record.

I cannot off the top of my head recall your issues, but if you say "structural", then I am going to go out on a limb and assume its probably more significant than some moisture getting into an exterior door, that was DESIGNED with that in mind like the original poster who was saying not to buy anything prime.....in that case it was a little much....

my original and subsequent posts have been directed to and with this initial post in mind....not your significantly more complex issues....

in any case, I hope everything is sorted out to your satisfaction. it scares me to even consider buying a new trailer knowing that someone, somewhere is eventually gonna get a problem child! It happens everywhere and not just trailers......FORD did it to me.......but on the bright side, I have since owned 4 completely TROUBLE FREE FORD products since then?....KNOCK ON WOOD! ..

sorry for long post..just wanted to clarify my intentions with the original post....carry on.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #54

Hi Ironj

I was a little harsh with the last post with reference to you, sorry.

My landing gear is bending from the weight of the trailer ( it gets parked on a slab just for it) and it is a 2013. With these and (lots of) other problems it has just been ridiculous and after looking into some other issues I am finding that the weight ratings are jacked up and I can't carry any water after putting stuff for 5 people in a bunkhouse.

What the hell do they think people are going to do have their RV airlifted to a camp site. It is just stuff like this that just sends me over the edge.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #55

no sweat man.....trust me, im on your side in this....your issues are legitimate!! you have every right to be upset about your situation!!

not to hijack the origianl thread, but what trailer exactly do you have??

i am seriously contemplating trading my lacrosse for a smaller bumper pull, and purchasing a crusader 360bhs (or similar floorplan 5er) for my larger trailer after this camping season.....

or maybe i keep the lacrosse, but its a huge beast for "quick weekend jaunts" to the state park or whatever......lol....or maybe im just wanting too much and complicating the fun process that is supposed to be "camping"...

in any case, back on topic, has anyone else complained of similar issues to yours? or is yours the lucky straw in the bunch?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #56

Iornj
I have the 355BHQ

Like the op ALL of my slam doors leak except for the one under the bedroom. And after doing my do diligence I have found I only have 700lbs of cargo capacity for my family of 5 and that needs to include 450lbs of water. Just ridiculous.

Would not have found this out had I not taken the trailer to the CAT scales.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
Iornj
I have the 355BHQ

Like the op ALL of my slam doors leak except for the one under the bedroom. And after doing my do diligence I have found I only have 700lbs of cargo capacity for my family of 5 and that needs to include 450lbs of water. Just ridiculous.

Would not have found this out had I not taken the trailer to the CAT scales.
wow,....and that trailer has more cargo capacity than the 360bhs.....??? what is the sticker weight listed as vs the scale weight?? my lacrosse was stickered at 7895 but on the scalewas about 8020...i did put some junk in the front storage tho...?

700lbs of cargo cap aint much for just MY WIFE alone!! LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #58

also, i noticed this past week my front two doors had a lil water in them...it didnt leak inside it just dripped on me when i opened the doors....so im more than fine with that...my rear kithen door ONCE let some water in.....but in all fairness it was a torrential SIDEWAYS 60+ mph wind west texas kinda storm!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #59

Quote:
wow,....and that trailer has more cargo capacity than the 360bhs.....??? what is the sticker weight listed as vs the scale weight?? my lacrosse was stickered at 7895 but on the scalewas about 8020...i did put some junk in the front storage tho...?

700lbs of cargo cap aint much for just MY WIFE alone!! LOL
It says 11695lbs dry on the sticker with a capacity of 2043lbs.
GVWR 13770

Weight as of Friday last week 13060lbs.

I only have blankets on the beds and some misc. parts in the front for a possible 100lbs. That is giving the benefit of the doubt. Last time at the dealer I was robbed of my tools and generators, so I always empty the trailer when it goes to the dealer. It is also still winterized and I use air not antifreeze except in the drain traps.

Edit: Propane is full.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #60
on_the_bayou

Follow Uop about PMT service

I want to say something about PTM customer service. I have had several problems with my Crusader 290RLT. Nothing major. My biggest problem has been with dealer. I have had to contact PTM customer service several times to help with getting the dealer to fix my RV promptly.

Last night I was looking through the manuals about the axles and grease. There is a warning about mixing different types of grease, so I was trying to figure out what the type of grease was used originally for the bearings. I sent in a request through the web site. I received a phone call this morning from Roger at PTM and was told that Lippert put the axles together but he would find the answer to my question. I received an e-mail within the hour with the answer. Attached to the e-mail was an Engineering Specification report from Lippert outlining what type of grease was used and a list of products.

I consider that Great Service...

I have attached the file FYI.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ES-002 Bearing Grease.pdf (36.7 KB, 79 views)
2012: 4564 mi 31 days - 2013: 6277 mi 38 days
2014: 5146 mi 38 days - 2015: 1200 mi 9 days
2016: 342 mi 2 days - 2017: 2734 mi 22 days
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote