Old 08-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

tire and slide out frame issue

I have a 315 crusader and have the Dexter e-z flex suspension and I have 1 tire that is rubbing the slide out frame bracket it appears that the shackle or the e-z flex is screwed up. HELP! trying not to have to take it to the shop. there is only 3/4" of clearance and hitting bumps make contact. Don't know how to add pics or I would have

colo native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Try this for posting a picture from your computer's hard drive to the post ...

Go Advanced.
Click on the Attachments icon above (paper clip) or scroll down to the Manage Attachments button below your message screen
Click "Browse" and find your picture.
Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 50K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click "Upload"
Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

R.I.P. Luke the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #3

Bump.
Having same issue. Just started
Cdmcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo native View Post
I have a 315 crusader and have the Dexter e-z flex suspension and I have 1 tire that is rubbing the slide out frame bracket it appears that the shackle or the e-z flex is screwed up. HELP! trying not to have to take it to the shop. there is only 3/4" of clearance and hitting bumps make contact. Don't know how to add pics or I would have

Sometimes like when jacking up one axle to change a tire, the shackle on the e-z flex will flip over & that will change the geometry of the suspension. If this is the case, you may have to jack it back up and pry the shackle back to its' original position.....or take it to a tire shop to do it.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #5

Thank you.
Will check and post back in a day or two.
Dunc
Old 12-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #6

Clearance between my left side tires and the slide bracket was the primary reason I opted to install the Lippert Correct Track system. It raised the frame about 2 inches giving me peace of mind with contacting that bracket. It also helped level the trailer when hooked up to the truck.
Windjammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #7

Had the same issue on my 315. Clearance was fine with stock 235 80 15 tires, but I went to 245 75 15's which are a tad wider and was rubbing on the slide bracket. Two solutions (besides changing tires) are to grind the bracket down a ways so that you increase clearance. Don't get too carried away, but bracket is big enough that you probably will not weaken it enough to matter. Mine has worked without issue for 2 years. Other solution is to weld a small stop block above the spring shackle that will keep the spring from deflecting far enough which will limit the tire travel so it doesn't hit.
Please be sure to check on the other side to make sure your spring bolt is not hitting your propane line. I had to shim over my line as the nut on the spring bolt was hitting the line when deflected all the way. You can also solve that problem the same way, by putting a shim block on the frame limiting the spring travel.
One other detail on the tire clearance is, if you are running the original China bombs, I have heard stories of them beginning to separate and actually increasing in diameter as the tread comes loose from the casing causing them to rub that bracket. I tossed mine on day one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	springpropane1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	193456  

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #8

Thanks to all who have replied.
I will have to grind down the bracket and eveything
Should be O.k.
No issue with the gas line. Thanks for the tip.
Happy new year to all
Duncan

Tags
frame, slide, slide out, tire