Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 55
I run mine at max recommended. I am showing very even wear so far but I only have around 10,000 miles on them.
__________________

__________________
2004 GMC Sierra 2500
2012 Primetime Crusader 298BHD
sbelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelliott View Post
I run mine at max recommended. I am showing very even wear so far but I only have around 10,000 miles on them.
Sounds like you are pretty well maxed out weight-wise then.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sounds like you are pretty well maxed out weight-wise then.
Herk, Have you ever seen a set of trailer tires worn out in the center?

Since we've been camping a trailer, starting in '75, I've never seen any trailer tires worn in the center, outside-yes, inside-yes, inside-outside-rarely, center-never.

If everyone watched the tire pressure as is suggested, semi drivers would be changing tire pressures constantly depending on whether they were loaded or deadheading empty.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Herk, Have you ever seen a set of trailer tires worn out in the center?

Since we've been camping a trailer, starting in '75, I've never seen any trailer tires worn in the center, outside-yes, inside-yes, inside-outside-rarely, center-never.

If everyone watched the tire pressure as is suggested, semi drivers would be changing tire pressures constantly depending on whether they were loaded or deadheading empty.
No, can't say I have.

I will say that I have seen many more underinflated tires and several blown out ones though. I will also say I have seen many tractor trailers (empty) "bouncing" down the road. Not often since empty trailers are losing money.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Where do you guys get that "beating a dead horse" cartoon, as this thread needs one!
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Where do you guys get that "beating a dead horse" cartoon, as this thread needs one!
OK, I get it.

Oh, the BDH icon is on the advanced options "smilies." Click on "[More]" in the lower left hand corner of the smilies.

Lots of cool icons there like:




and of course

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Thanks Herk!
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,902
This whole topic has just gotten totally OVERINFLATED !!!!
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
OK, I get it.

Oh, the BDH icon is on the advanced options "smilies." Click on "[More]" in the lower left hand corner of the smilies...
Think you messed up showing where the BDH was.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Dovetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 325
thanks for the direction Herk, this is going to be fun
__________________

__________________
Rick and Linda, Lindale, TX
2011 Flagstaff 8528 CKSS
2006 F350 SW
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.