Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #21

Thanks for your help everyone! Padave special thanks for all your info it really helps

Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walke View Post
Why would anyone ever run an XL or LT tire at 80psi ?? This is about 30 psi more than I would ever consider putting in a tire to tow any legal weight trailer/TV combination !!
I run 80 psi in my rear tires when towing my fiver.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Why would anyone ever run an XL or LT tire at 80psi ?? This is about 30 psi more than I would ever consider putting in a tire to tow any legal weight trailer/TV combination !!
Onstar sends me a E mail notice if my tires are below Fac.setting pressure. After the (Ford) rollover deal,(Gm) is covering thereA----. Air pressure! Youroo!!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Well, you wouldn't put 80 psi in an XL tire, but if you have E-rated tires, that is what is called for. And if you have 2000 lbs or more load on the rear, as many of us do, than running the tires low as you suggest is a recipe for disaster.
I run E-rated Michelins on my truck, gives me the peace of mind that my tires will never be an issue.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #25

Reason why is not important but I have 2 D tires and 2 E tires on my truck. They are BFG A/T LT285/70/17. The side wall markings are EXACTLY the same. Both say 3ply polyester,2 ply steel, 1 ply nylon, sidewall 3 plies polyester. Max load single 3195, max load dual 2910. Same number of plies, same load numbers. Only difference is one tire says max load @80psi, the other @ 65psi.
I have about 20k on the tires, both are wearing exactly the same. I rotate every 5k keeping the matching tires on the same axle. I can tell no difference when loaded if the E's or D's are on the back. In the back I run 45 psi empty and 60 loaded, 50 psi in the front always.
.....Oh, and the D's have raised white letters on one side, the E's don't

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bags