Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Tongue tube height

I'm thinking of ordering a Blue Ox Sway Pro for an Avenger 28BHS I'm picking up in about a week. The Blue Ox requires a 1" or 2" rise ball depending on the height of the tongue tube...5" height = 1" rise ball; 6" height = 2" rise ball.

The tongue tube on the Avenger should be the same as the tongue tube on the Lacrosse 292BHS.

Does anyone know the height of the tongue tube?

Thank you!

On another note, I'd love feedback especially wrt Blue Ox SwayPro v. Reese Dual Cam. The Reese is more common and I initially planned to buy one, but I'm drawn to the Blue Ox because it looks like installation/adjustment is easier and hookup/unhook also looks slightly easier (e.g. rotary chain clips v. snap up).
jrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Sorry to sound uninformed but are you referring to the size of the A-Frame tubing as if you were putting a tape on the bottom of the A-Frame and measuring to the top?

Just want to be sure what you're asking.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #3

Yes---that's my understanding from reading the installation instructions for the Blue Ox hitch. There's a potential clearance issue with respect to the spring bars moving under the a-frame tubes....so the vertical measurement of the a-frame is what I'm looking for.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #4

Can't comment on either one.....I really like my Equalizer. Easy hookup ...at least if you have a power tongue jack. The Equalizer does a nice job with my 35foot Lacrosse.
My neighbor had problems with his Blue Ox. Pins snapped.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Commercial Member

A-Frame is 2X5 so "height" is 5" on a 28BHS. Hope this helps.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #6

Thank you for such a quick response!