Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
tough stairs

The stairs on our 2014 lacrosse 329bht are a real B*tch to get fold in and out, I literally have to jump on them to get them down , I am about 200lbs, and takes all I have to "dead lift" them back i nthan have to persuade them in the rest of the way with my foot. I have lubed them up with dry silicone spray and also tried penetrating oil to no avail. They wee not like this when we first got it but noticed it after our first trip out to SC at our campground that they were starting to get stiff but just blamed it on being new in June. It has progressively gotten worse after having it at our seasonal site all Summer, dang near could not get them folded up to bring it home this weekend. Any suggestions? Should I just add it to the warranty list I am already taking it in for in a few weeks?

2014 Prime Time Lacrosse 329BHT Luxury Lite Touring Edition
2015 Silverado 2500HD DMAX
scayne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
I would add it to the list, but I found that I had to use white lithium grease on my stairs a few times in a row. I tear off a piece of cardboard and make sure that I coat all sides of each "hinge". I open/close the steps about a dozen times and it works a bit easier after each. Then do it again a little later in the week and repeat it even once again if it is needed.

My 10 year old daughter can open/close both sets of our steps. When she complains about them getting hard is when I remember that I need to re-grease them.

I've never tried spray silicone on them (though I do use it on my electric stabilizers and landing gear).

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
X2 on the repeated lube. I found since we went full time that they "stiffen up" faster than usual. It seams that the longer we stay in one spot, the stiffer they get when I need to fold them up.

Just remember to lube inside, outside and in between the hinge pins!!
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
I just sprayed mine with synthetic garage door lubricant. It is formulated to not attract dirt or dust. Works really well and is available at all major home improvement stores.
Bill & Pam
2014 Trilogy 3650RE
2015 F350 PSD
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
WD40 did it for me
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:34 AM   #6
Site Team
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
WD40 did it for me
Nothing ya can't fix with wd40, a hammer and a roll of ducktape.

Next year is here - GO CUBS- 4 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote