Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
I have a 3/4 ton Dodge and when I'm not towing the fiver I only run 45 PSI in the rear tires for comfort.

transamz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Wanna Be Camper
When we had our Ram 1500 I put E rated LT's on it and ran 50psi. Your Toyota just plain does not have the capacity to warrant putting that much pressure in the tires. The side walls on an E rated tire are much stiffer to start with so you should not the high pressure people with HD trucks run as they have much higher payload and tow ratings to deal with with those tires. I mostly ran them on our 1/2 ton because they were much stronger as I drive mostly on dirt roads daily.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #13
I researched this last night. One of the blogs I read included a chart, supposedly from Michelin. The chart indicated the the rated load capacity of my new E rated tires was actually lower at 30-40 psi than the old BFGs. The capacity climbed quickly with pressure and far exceeded the old tires well before 80 psi. I was surprised how many people run lower pressure in the front tires. They may be pulling fivers. With my WDH, I plan to run equal pressure in all tires. Did I miss something there? I drove it to work this morning with 55psi. It was a little stiffer, but not a big deal. I will probably reduce to 50psi for next week`s trip to FDR State park and see how it handles with the trailer. There are many opinions on this topic, but little clear guidance.

James and Karen
Warner Robins, GA
2011 Lacrosse 301RLS
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote