Old 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Do you have the bench seat in yours I can not order a new F150 with Max Payload and Max tow without getting a bench or 40/20/40 seat, I like the center console with shifter in the middle.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Maybe it's because of the "Tow/Haul" mode button & the manual gear selector button they put in the end of the column shifter?

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #22

I don't think so because when you have the console with shifter the T/H button is on the shifter and so is the gear selector? I think it has something to do with the transmission and placement of all the components that help the F150 cool the tranny? One reason I bought the FX4 was for the center console shifter. I do not like Bench or 40/20/40 split seats with no console

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #23

Quote:
I don't think so because when you have the console with shifter the T/H button is on the shifter and so is the gear selector? I think it has something to do with the transmission and placement of all the components that help the F150 cool the tranny? One reason I bought the FX4 was for the center console shifter. I do not like Bench or 40/20/40 split seats with no console

2015 Roo 23IKSS

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #24

wicked1 I have the centre console. Mine is a column shift though. That part has changed since 2012 I guess. Remember mine is a XLT only, I had no need for the higher trim levels, I'm too cheap for that.....

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
wicked1 I have the centre console. Mine is a column shift though. That part has changed since 2012 I guess. Remember mine is a XLT only, I had no need for the higher trim levels, I'm too cheap for that.....

If you get the Max Payload which only comes on the XLT or Lariat you can't get the full center console, that is what I was looking for I would have to get what you have the middle seat that folds to create a console. Going to build and order a new XLT with max tow but 2050 Payload so I can get the FX4 Sport package, I just won't go fifth wheel, stick to TT instead.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #26

Quote:
If you get the Max Payload which only comes on the XLT or Lariat you can't get the full center console, that is what I was looking for I would have to get what you have the middle seat that folds to create a console. Going to build and order a new XLT with max tow but 2050 Payload so I can get the FX4 Sport package, I just won't go fifth wheel, stick to TT instead.
There is no middle seat that folds to create the centre console. This is a full depth centre console. It was optioned in that way.

I specifically didn't want Lariat (no need for the upgrades it provides), or the FX4 (same reason). That allowed me to end up with this configuration. This truck was ordered to maximize towing ability as I knew it was going to setup with a 5'r. I'm pleased with the results. My previous truck was also a XLT. I'm not into the 'truck bling'... . Just a bare bones hauler.

That said I optioned quite a number of items into it at the time.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
Old 03-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #27

Yeah I have the 2014 Lariat with FX4 package no need for all this, getting an XLT in May since my lease is up and buying the new one, going for Max Tow and Max Payload, I use it as an everyday driver so also getting EB 3.5 again, F350's are way too much for what I would use it for, new XLT max tow is 11,500 max payload is 2,650

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #28

Quote:
My daily commute is 95% highway 100 miles per day 2 weeks a month, the rest of the time it sits at home and used for running errands. I am also looking at a slightly used 2015 I figure I should be able to get a 2016 roughly $66K for mid $50K range I would be fine with that Diesel by me is $1.52 per gal

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Get the F350, your commute is perfect for a diesel. Camping with an travel trailer/fifth wheel over the past decade has taught me a couple of things that I wish I learned from others:

(1) You will always want a bigger camper in 3-4 years or sooner! The 2 foot rule is alive an well meaning most folks upgrade to a 2 foot longer camper when they do upgrade. We are on our 5th camper and our next one will be a 38 foot toyhauler in a couple of years.

(2) I wish I bought the most truck I could afford up front instead of going thru 2 F150's until I realized a 1 ton is my best bet for current and future growth.

(3) 40% mark up on campers gives plenty of wiggle room in negotiating a price for a camper. However, I still prefer buying used for even more savings.

(4) The Ecoboost engine will be more problematic over 100k miles than the 6.7L diesel. The 6.7L doesn't have to worry about timing chain stretch, cam phasers, or reduced performance due to intake valve buildup due to direct injectiona and a poor CCV system. The F150 with max tow package gets poor fuel economy in all conditions based on me owning 2 of them. While my 3.5 EB with 3.73 did ok with my trailers, there were a couple of places where flooring the gas pedal only got my 45-50mph on a couple of steep Colorado grades. I don't have to floor anything in my F350 ever and I have towed the steep stuff around here without stressing my power train. Fuel dilution is still a problem with the 3.5 EB engine and doesn't appear to be fixd by Ford yet.

(5) Stripped down trucks are great if you are a contractor but its very hard to go stripped when your DW loves air conditioned seats, heated steering wheels, retractable running boards, and rear view camera which we call a marriage saver when hooking up a trailer.

You can find a nice low mileage F350 for less than a new tricked our F150. I prefer F350's over F250's because they are less popular and I find them discounted more than an F250 because folks think they don't ride well.

Good luck in your truck search and please let us know how your choice works out for you. Don't get me wrong, I loved my EB F150's and wish I could have afforded to keep the last one while ownign an F350 but D. Trump I'm not.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Get the F350, your commute is perfect for a diesel. Camping with an travel trailer/fifth wheel over the past decade has taught me a couple of things that I wish I learned from others:

(1) You will always want a bigger camper in 3-4 years or sooner! The 2 foot rule is alive an well meaning most folks upgrade to a 2 foot longer camper when they do upgrade. We are on our 5th camper and our next one will be a 38 foot toyhauler in a couple of years.

(2) I wish I bought the most truck I could afford up front instead of going thru 2 F150's until I realized a 1 ton is my best bet for current and future growth.

(3) 40% mark up on campers gives plenty of wiggle room in negotiating a price for a camper. However, I still prefer buying used for even more savings.

(4) The Ecoboost engine will be more problematic over 100k miles than the 6.7L diesel. The 6.7L doesn't have to worry about timing chain stretch, cam phasers, or reduced performance due to intake valve buildup due to direct injectiona and a poor CCV system. The F150 with max tow package gets poor fuel economy in all conditions based on me owning 2 of them. While my 3.5 EB with 3.73 did ok with my trailers, there were a couple of places where flooring the gas pedal only got my 45-50mph on a couple of steep Colorado grades. I don't have to floor anything in my F350 ever and I have towed the steep stuff around here without stressing my power train. Fuel dilution is still a problem with the 3.5 EB engine and doesn't appear to be fixd by Ford yet.

(5) Stripped down trucks are great if you are a contractor but its very hard to go stripped when your DW loves air conditioned seats, heated steering wheels, retractable running boards, and rear view camera which we call a marriage saver when hooking up a trailer.

You can find a nice low mileage F350 for less than a new tricked our F150. I prefer F350's over F250's because they are less popular and I find them discounted more than an F250 because folks think they don't ride well.

Good luck in your truck search and please let us know how your choice works out for you. Don't get me wrong, I loved my EB F150's and wish I could have afforded to keep the last one while ownign an F350 but D. Trump I'm not.

Wow that makes things clear for me what I should do, especially number (3) after buying used then new I prefer to buy one 3-4 years old as most of the bugs are worked out and the savings. I have been looking at 2014-2015 F350's but my least is not up until June and by then I hope dealers will be willing to dump F350's to bring in the new 2017's.

As long as the PowerStroke 6.7 will do well on 100 mile highway runs each day it will give me more wiggle room in what I can get, do not need DRW just a SCREW with 6 and 3/4 bed, Lariat is fine by me, but if I can get a good deal on a Platinum or KRanch it will also be good as I tend to keep vehicles a long time and that is the best part about a diesel, they run for ever with proper maintenance.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #30

Quote:
(4)The F150 with max tow package gets poor fuel economy in all conditions based on me owning 2 of them.
Really? Mine is 4 almost 4 years old and get basically the same fuel economy now as it did new. Which is fantastic. Do you have actual data to back this up?

Quote:
Sorry, but I also disagree. All this extra 'stuff' might be nice to have but is certainly far from a necessity. My truck has only what I need; nothing more. Heated steering wheel? Bah.... (tongue in cheek but heated steering wheels or air conditioned seats for me, and my wife are something we have no desire for on a truck). To each their own of course, but for some of us a rather basic XLT serves every need we have. Personally I don't have, nor do I need a rear view camera either; I've zero trouble hitching. Then again with the 5'r it's moote.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD

Tags
295, crusader, f150, towing