Old 05-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
I installed the 1" Lift Blocks from Mor/Ryde and 1 X-factor between the center perches. Yesterday. Parts all worked well and I gained 2-1/2" to 2-3/4" additional height at the bumper. This will surely level me out much nicer! I would definatally reccomend this, and if anyone is thinking of ordering a new 296bhs I would suggest they order it with the 16" wheel option as that may help to avoid this.
Great! I'm going to have to look into this. Do you happen to have the part numbers you ordered from Mor/Ryde? I'll need to have someone more mechanically inclined install these. Does this require welding? I bet the place that installed my turnover ball would do it.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #32

All Bolt on. I didnt get any part numbers, but if you call them up, tell them you have a Crusader 5W and need a 1" Lift and they will recommend at least one Xfactor.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
All Bolt on. I didnt get any part numbers, but if you call them up, tell them you have a Crusader 5W and need a 1" Lift and they will recommend at least one Xfactor.
I thought I would post my saga on my lift questions:

I called Mor/Ryde and the customer service person I talked to was unfamiliar with the lift. I emailed Prime Time and got some serious run around from them.

I originally emailed them asking them for what their recommended parts were for a lift so that I didn't do anything to my Crusader that they thought was a bad idea. They accidentally emailed me on their internal conversation about my question. One of the employees instructed the others to NOT make any recommendations or provide any information and to tell me to call Mor/Ryde.

I responded that I didn't appreciate them refusing to help me and that Mor/Ryde wasn't aware of the info I wanted.

After quite a few back and forth emails with PT customer service, the bottom line was that they do not think PT has the expertise about their frames, lifts, cross-members, etc, to provide any guidance on the best way to do a lift. They said when they needed to do the lift that they simply asked Mor/Ryde what they should do and relied entirely on Mor/Ryde's guidance.

After pushing them pretty hard, all I got them to say was that they did use the Mor/Ryde x-factor cross member with the lift, but only because Mor/Ryde suggested it and not because they did any engineering to determine if it was needed.

They definitely were not going to say anything that anybody would rely on that might ever have a chance at coming back to them if something went wrong. Very sad that they were so aggressive and intentional about being unhelpful.

Maybe some day I'll do a blog article about poor customer service based on poor corporate policies.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #34

As a follow up for the archive, I did a 1.5" lift with the Mor/Ryde x-factor in the center. I'm still a little nose high, but not as bad as I was. I'll try to take a picture when I find ground that is a little more level than the street in front of my house.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
As a follow up for the archive, I did a 1.5" lift with the Mor/Ryde x-factor in the center. I'm still a little nose high, but not as bad as I was. I'll try to take a picture when I find ground that is a little more level than the street in front of my house.

Glad you finally got that worked out. I am still a little nose high too, but no where near where I was. I actually took some of the srping out of my helpers on the truck to squat the back doan a little too. That also helped.

Sorry I didnt get back to you right away. When I called Mor/Ryde, I asked what lift kit they were installing in the 26 Warranty 315rst units that Prime Time was lifting. They sold me those parts and the cross member. They were a little hard to get a hold of but I did get all the parts pretty quickly.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #36

Picture after 1.5" lift

Here is a picture after a 1.5" lift. Truck is stock height (2015 gmc 2500HD denali).

I towed it this past weekend and it did tow more smoothly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140725_192537_trim.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	59289  

Tags
towing