Old 09-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
Tracer 250 Air Slide Issue

We were camping this weekend and when we went to retract the slide it did not work. The slide acted as if it was not getting power. I checked everything obvious, fuses, switch, batteries etc. and found nothing.

I checked the manual and removed the access panel in the rear storage to expose the Schwintek control center. The control panel had no led codes and appeared dead. I checked voltage at the wall switch as well as the power wires coming into the control center and both were getting 12.8 volts. I attempted to use the manual override on the control box as instructed but it did nothing.

I ended up having to do the manual slide release by removing the motor set screws behind the weather strip, disengage the motor gears and push the slide in manually. Not easy in the rain and dark.

After getting it home I took it to the dealer who got it in promptly today(great local dealer from purchase to service..... Insert plug here for Roskopfs RV Menomonee Falls, WI).

Turns out the slide controller has an independent ground run to the front of the trailer. It appears the self tapper holding the ground worked its way out. The one thing I did not check as all my other12 volt systems were operating fine and this trailer has the enclosed underbelly. I always checked this stuff on previous trailers and now know there is a small access panel in the underbelly for these connections. Anyway they had it diagnosed in two hours and fixed same day.

This forum has lots of stories of RV problems and bad service experiences. I thought I would post this to share a great dealer experience and to help someone avoid possible headaches.

So go check those connections now!
sugarjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote