Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #21

Was the EZ ride an after market upgrade or was that a option Prime Time offered? If it was an upgrade please let me know who you went through for it.
Rog8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #22

It was an upgrade purchased right through dexter who makes the axles. Here is the link

Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - E-Z Flex Suspension
sugarjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #23

Just thought I would post an update on my 250 Air. We picked it up finally last weekend. I went through the process of reinstalling some of my previous mods and thought I would pass on my initial reviews.

First off I am very OCD by nature and get annoyed with quality type issues. This trailer is better then most but not without small issues. The overall fit and finish is very good. Exterior is nice and all the caulk and roof seals look very nice. Slide works well and they no longer use that slide wrap everyone complains about on the bottom of the slide. It looks to be a bonded thin layer of fiberglass possibly so we will see how that holds up.

The power cord is now the marine type that attached at the rear of the TT which is nice. I removed the rear panel in the baggage area to expose the pump, hot water tank, and power. The area is quite big allowing me to install my PI power center hard wired right in nicely. While back there I noticed that the pump was a jumbled mess so I removed it and remounted it more ergonomically for the pipes and wires. It was a good thing I looked because the line that went through to the fresh holding was kinked at 90 and would not have drawn well.

The other main problem I noticed was that the cable line for the outside TV was kinked so bad I suspect it is broken although I do not plan to use it outside anyways. It appears they just pulled the line through crapping it up badly.

I find the scissor jacks pretty week and flimsy but they will work fine until I upgrade them.

They fixed mounted the TV on this TT in a bad spot which requires a swivel mount to really be usefull. Good thing is they provided some nice backing so installing one was a breeze.

Overall I am quite pleased with the new design. The frame is redesigned which now allows you to fit a dual 6v battery system in original tray. They also now have included a battery disconnect which kills ALL 12v power. They discountinued the power tongue jack but that was solved with Husky remote control jack(which is really cool by the way).
sugarjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote