Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
tracer 2670.. hate climbing over pullout couch to get to bathroom

anyone else have this issue? 2014 2670.. when we are using the pull out sofa couch it goes right against the sink counter so if someone on the queen bed needs to use the bathroom you have to crawl over the people sleeping on the pull-out couch. I would think it would have made more sense to put the couch where the dinette is and flip them, this way you don't have the issue of the bed taking up that whole walkway... anyone else seem to have this issue? we keep waking up whoever sleeps in the pull out couch at night.

yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
RV guy

He is right RV guy, what do you think?

[SIGPIC]2102 Tracer 2800rld, 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, 3.73 gears, 6 sp Transmission
qepv25a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
It's because engineers never use the products they design, especially in RVs. Or they just do it so we get tired of it and look for a new model!
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
Had a similar problem in our Flagstaff 831RLSS, not to get to the bathroom but just moving around. I just pulled the booth unit out, slid the couch down and the booth into the couches old location. Eventually took the booth unit out completely and replaced with table and chairs. It's not that hard of a move to do with a power screwdriver.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Commercial Member
It's so you can access the refer and bathroom without sliding the slide out.

With the rounded countertop extension, and the dinette opposite each other, then you would complain that you can't access the refer or bathroom, or load the camper with the slide in.

The sofa is there so you can slide past it to access the rest, and also see the TV without looking from 20 feet away. It's the same in everything....
Steve and Vicki
2 kids
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD Outdoorsman
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Mod free 5er
If you switch the booth and the couch, you can always take the table down or mount it back a little farther or replace the booth with a table & chairs.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Camco makes a walking bridge that fits over top of extended sleeper sofas
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Commercial Member
On that particular floorplan, there is a legitimate objection that when the sofa is being used as a bed, it obstructs the walkway. It's even worthy of consideration to switch the furniture around.

I'm confident we would get complaints if the sofa was at the rear and the traffic flow between the kitchen and dinette would obstruct the view of the TV. The blockage at the rear and into the bathroom would be objectionable for some people as well.

In short - contrary to the old "engineers don't use it routine" - there isn't a perfect answer on this model but the feedback is legitimate and worthy of our additional consideration.

Thanks for submitting.

RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
I'm willing to deal with climbing over the bed compared to having the jackknife sofa.

For others that have the Tracer 2670, have you noticed water between the frame and the sealed underbelly? I noticed this before we ever used the model and thought it was dew runoff. I crawled under the there was a lot of trapped water there. I pushed up on the underbelly and it ran out through air gaps in the front. Worried that it was a leak, we kept an eye on it when we set out on the maiden voyage. After using every faucet drain as well as the toilet there was no water. UNTIL we closed the slide. I could hear water running onto the underbelly from what I think was the slide roof. The slide roof is exposed inside the camper so it would appear that the water must be coming in contact with the interior walls.

Should I be worried about this?
PSUhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
Site Team
First of all welcome to the forum. intro's are nice and you will find you might get more responses that way.
ok, I had a 2013 tracer 2670bhs. No part of that slide goes into the underbelly.
Sliding the slide in or out can tip the unit one way or the other. If there water on the slide it will go inside the unit itself. If its the slide wall leaking you would see the water hopefully in the slide area inside or outside in the area around the slide not the underbelly.
You said a lot of water.. define a lot..gallon / cup...
A lot of water imo would be a leak in the pluming / fresh/ gray drains pipes or black.
Most likely fresh water or a drain is to blame. Moving the slide in / out and how your unit is sitting could make a diff on where the water sits and runs.
I would remove the underbelly or have it done to get check out.

Next year is here - GO CUBS- 3 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote