Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #1

Tracer 2910 BHS

Hi anybody got one and if so what do you think of it. I am going to trade my 2009 palimino Thoroughbred 26BHSL in on it I want more room for the three kids. Any thoughts would be great.

Bob
roadwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #2

Hi Bob,
We were thinking of getting that same trailer, but could not find one and instead have the bigger brother, the 3150BHD. We love that trailer, with the back bunks for the kids, they have lots of floor space to play on as it has a slide back there, as well as a spot for their tv. That extra space sure has made a big difference with our 3 kids. The Tracer models appear to be well built, so if you like the floorplan, I am sure you will be happy with the unit. The outside kitchen is great as well.
Best Wishes,
Chuck
3 Energetic Wee Boys

flumpydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #3

We just bought the 2910 BHS and at first glance it seems like a great unit. The first night we picked it up and tried camping with it before making the 4 hour drive home from the dealer we found a few problems.
1. The electric cord box broke off and was floating around in the fuse panel area
2. The water drain hose from the kitchen sink broke off because of the movement in the slide. This caused a significant amount of water to pool under the fuse panel (that's how we realized the box was broken off)
3. the black water flush inlet was cross threaded and shooting water straight under the queen bed.
One other thing I did was replace all the dining and rear lower bunk wood with proper 3/8" plywood to prevent 1 of our 3 kids from jumping on in and going right through. We purchased the trailer for our 3 kids to have a bed each and a large dining area. I suspect we will be happy with the trailer once we start using it but I think the dealer should have done a better PDI. Good luck on your search.
Fred
5littlefrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:45 AM   #4

We actually went to the dark side and bought a Coachman 292BDS because we did not really want the outside kitchen but wanted 4 bunks.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #5

Actually I can still stay in the forums as Coachman is owned by Forest River
Old 05-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #6

We bought the 2910 and love it. The plywood is a good idea! We also have the drain water slide issue...and some other things, but thus far the PT service has been great!
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #7

Hey Bob,
Nah you did not go to the dark side, as long as you got what you want, that is all that matters.
Happy camping to you and your family!
All the best,
Chuck
3 Energetic Wee Boys

flumpydog is offline   Reply With Quote