Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to drb1256
Tracer 3000bhs suspension problems

I recently purchased a 2010 Tracer 3000bhs Ultra Lite. The shackle in the suspension springs struck the frame of the trailer and cut the brake wiring. The brakes were not wired correctly and left unsecured from the bottom of the trailer, but the springs should not strike the trailer frame, anyway. I noticed that there is less than 2 inches of clearance between the tires and the body of the trailer, also. Is this normal?
Thanks!
drb1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #2

First of all welcome to the forum.

Even though your having problems, congrats on your Prime Time trailer.

Another forum member had suspension problems on the same model. He contacted Prime Time and they took care of it. They are excellent when it comes to customer service.

Here's a link to the thread he posted;
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ain-11532.html

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. I saw that thread. I love the trailer but I'm just having a hard time getting the dealer to understand my concerns. I have contacted Prime Time and I'm waiting to hear back. I have heard they are very good with customer service. That is one of the reasons I bought this TT. There is definitely "wear" under the fender wells due to the tires making contact. Thanks again!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
WJC

HI
I have the same trailer, and had some wear under the wheel wells, more so on the sleep and play slide side, I contacted Brandon york who sent new equalizers to my dealer which raised the trailer about one 1". Brought it back from the dealers about 30 miles and had no problems. In a week or two we are taking our first trip this year and will give it a good test, I also had a problem with the slides leaking, again talking with Brandon who worked with my dealer who replaced the seals with larger ones that stopped the leaks, If you didn't already talk with Brandon or customer service I'd give them a call they will get back to you and ship parts to your dealer. I've learned from experience that there customer service is good and you should have no problems getting it fixed, good luck and keep us up to date! Congrats on your trailer!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJC View Post
HI
I have the same trailer, and had some wear under the wheel wells, more so on the sleep and play slide side, I contacted Brandon york who sent new equalizers to my dealer which raised the trailer about one 1". Brought it back from the dealers about 30 miles and had no problems. In a week or two we are taking our first trip this year and will give it a good test, I also had a problem with the slides leaking, again talking with Brandon who worked with my dealer who replaced the seals with larger ones that stopped the leaks, If you didn't already talk with Brandon or customer service I'd give them a call they will get back to you and ship parts to your dealer. I've learned from experience that there customer service is good and you should have no problems getting it fixed, good luck and keep us up to date! Congrats on your trailer!
Good to see that Prime Time's customer service is responsive.

An interesting question to ask is this...as they seem to know the cause of both your problems and supply the fix to correct, are these now incorporated into current production or only to those owners that complain?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

Well WJC, you were right on the money. I have the exact same problem you had. The problem is a little worse on the play slide side. I heard back from Brandon York and he is shipping the equalizers to the dealer service center. He offered to send the replacement parts to any service center of my choice. Brandon said that I should expect 2" of additional clearance. Does this sound right? Have you noticed any change in how the trailer handles while it's in tow? I haven't had the slide out while it was raining....should I ask about replacement seals now or did that appear to be a problem unique to your trailer? I didn't ask if they are incorporating this change into new production but I believe they discontinued this model.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #7

Good deal!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
WJC

The new equalizers raised me about an additional 1". On the leaks, it actually leaked when slides were closed, the water would enter on the bottom of slide, when I opened the slide I would have a puddle in the middle of the floor! When open had no leaks! Did not see any difference in towing after the new equalizers were installed! This trailer tows nice! And the model was discontinued I asked why? they said the 3150 bhd was the better seller so they discontinued the 3000 bhd!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote