Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

Tracer 3100RED - Anyone Have One

We are thinking about purchasing the 3100RED this spring. The floor plan is really nice. We have not been able to find and owner reviews of the trailer. Anyone have one or heard of any positive or negative reviews?

Thanks a bunch.....
Old 03-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswalds View Post
We are thinking about purchasing the 3100RED this spring. The floor plan is really nice. We have not been able to find and owner reviews of the trailer. Anyone have one or heard of any positive or negative reviews?

Thanks a bunch.....

Happy Spring!!

We bought a 2014 Tracer 3100RED in November/13. Shake down trip was over Thanksgiving/13 from our residence in the Houston area to Oklahoma City, Ft. Worth, and return to Houston. Overall impression so far is Excellent. We have had the following issues with it..
1) No water pressure (Zero, Nada) on the first trip. Dealer found trash from construction in lines. No issue now.
2) We pull the Tracer with a 2004 Tundra. Mileage on the first leg was a whopping 5.9 MPG, we ran about 60 MPH.. Mileage never got over 7 MPG the entire trip. When we returned I pulled the TT back to the dealer to get the water pressure problem resolved. As I was turning into the dealer’s lot, one of the mechanics heard the brakes squeaking. I asked them to adjust the brakes while it was in the shop. The next day the dealer called and told me that one of the brake adjusters had come apart inside the hub and trashed hub, both brake shoes, and the adjuster. All were replaced under warranty. Over the next 3 trips in December and January mileage went up to about 10 MPG, we now run a max of 55 MPH. We just don’t get in any hurry, and the Tundra doesn’t seem to be working near as hard.
3) We were unable to get any cable TV though to the TV’s on the first 3 trips. We found out that the Tracer has a “Voltage boost” system for the regular antenna and if it is not turned OFF while using cable the cable channels will not work.
4) The first time we moved the sleeper sofa out to vacuum under it we found a 6” seem that was coming unstitched. Long story but it is getting fixed under warranty.

We absolutely love the room that this trailer has, we travel with 3 German Shepherds and definitely would buy it again. PM with any questions.

Keith
JK Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #3

We bought our 2014 FR Tracer 3100 red. We love it! They opposing slides really give you plenty of living space and the layout is awesome. We are currently on our first trip with the unit and traveled about 100 miles from home with it. We pull it with a new Ford F250 so no problem with power to pull. The trailer traveled really well on I-65 going up to 75 miles an hour. We do have a Reese sway system and I would highly suggest it.
I would suggest a good wheel chock system to eliminate any rocking back and forth. You will be very happy with this trailer...it really is a great choice!
PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Yeazitzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Looks like a great unit with the double slides. I know we like the double slides in our Lacrosse. You might want to keep a eye on your tires towing at 75 mph as there only rated for 65 max. I tow at 55 - 62 mph and and only peek at 65 mph. A blow out would do a lot of costly damage to the trailer.
Carl

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #5

I agree. I think 75 is just asking for trouble.
Traveling with 3 German Shepherds, Carly, age 4, 85 lbs. Bo-Bo, age 14 months, 120 lbs.
Gypsy Rose, age 14 months, 75 lbs.
JK Evans is offline   Reply With Quote