Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
Just checked my 2014 2670BHS and after a 10,000 mile cross country trip and two trips to Florida I see no wear pattern on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Ikanrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #12
Originally Posted by nodle View Post
I recently had my Tracer 2670BHS in for service on the water heater. While it was there the tech pointed out some wear on the under carriage above the tires. He indicated that this is a common problem with the Tracer. He suggested that the fix was to put spacers in the springs to give the trailer an additional 1" to 1 1/2" lift.
They gave me a quote for the spacers and longer U-Bolts for the axle plus labor of $400.
The problem I have is that I have not found any post or information about this being a common problem, and that spacers are the solution. SO I have 3 questions
1.Has anybody else had this problem?
2.Has anybody had the Preventive Measure done on your trailer?
3.Is it something I can do myself?
Thanks in advance for any input.
I had to lift my crusader to make it closer to the height of the truck and I think I paid about $400 at a truck/trailer repair shop (dealer wouldn't do it).

2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #13
Site Team
This pic shows the clearance on my 2013 tracer 2670BHS. How does the gap between the tire and bottom look compared to yours?

Could that wear on the under carriage be from a blow out you had talked about in this thread?Wheel/tire size for 2011 Primetime Tracer 2670BHS

(The pic was to show the screw tip poking thru the bottom of the slide that tore up my wear bar.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-30_17-54-25_925.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	71065
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 5 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 86 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #14
250 Air here and plenty of clearance to wheel wheels.
sugarjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #15
Thanks for all the wonderful input.

We are the original owners of the camper, so there have been no axle or spring modifications on this unit.

Yes I did have a blow out on the way to having some other repairs done, but I had already noticed the wheel well damage a couple months prior to that.

I will be going to the camper in a little while and will take some photos of the clearance the I have. I originally thought that the damage was from road debris being tossed up from the tires.

The only reason I ever thought about this whole question was because of the tech mentioned it, and tried to get me to invest in spring spacers. To be honest I have no intention of ever returning to that particular dealership again. They came across as shady and dishonest multiple times, and did not treat me as a valued customer. The only reason I had to return to them after my first visit was due to warranty on what I'll call questionable hot water tank replacement ( I don't believe they ever replaced the original. That ended up failing a couple days later. "but I digress"). I absolutely will be traveling the extra 30 miles in the opposite direction from my house to the dealership where we purchased the camper.

Sorry about that little rant... I sooo dislike dishonest people that try to rip me off.

I will post photos shortly.
nodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #16
I would like to know the dealers name

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Ikanrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #17
Chesaco RV located in Gambrills, Maryland
Old 03-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #18
I, too, believe that my tires are too close to the body. Showed this to dealership service dept weeks after purchase in May 2013. They said all was OK! Much too lazy there to suggest a fix that would require action on their part. New tires installed 4 weeks into ownership same size as China Bombs that were removed. Will ask in Goshen in August for an honest answer. Will send a picture in a few hours when I return to RV.
2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC Dually, 7.3 Diesel
2013 832IKBS Flagstaff Classic Ultra Lite, Hensley Arrow Hitch, Carlisle tires
2016 days camped....211, it ain't over yet!
On the road to ALASKA May 6, home Sept. 13, 2016. 23 states, 3 Canadian Provinces, up to the Arctic Circle, 17,300 miles, 131 days on the road. 1 flat tire, 4 oil changes. What a beautiful trip!
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #19
I just returned from the trailer. The pictures aren't that great , but I guess that is the reason I'm not making a living as a photographer.

The distance between the top of the tire and the wheel well is approximately 2 5/8 in.
The tech. said that I would gain about 1 - 1 1/2 inch.

Still not sure if this is a necessary expense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150323_120513.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	72003   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150323_120322.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	72004  
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #20
I called Primetime directly and spoke to a gentleman named Rick.
He said that they have not had any recalls on the 2011 2670BHS Tracer for suspension or to put spacers into the springs.
I have no problem putting spacers in, if it is required or is going improve something.
So far I have not found anyone (Other than the guy who wants $400 to do the work) telling that this is some kind of problem with the Tracer.
I just want to make sure I'm doing what is going to insure the longevity of my investment, but at the same time don't want to be taken advantage of by someone looking for a quick buck (or in this case a quick 400 bucks).

tire, tires