Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #1

Tracer-trying to get better air circulation????

2014 tracer 2670.. I noticed last season which was my first season camping that at night it would get real stuffy in the camper.. I would have to use the AC just to cool the camper down even on nights when it was nice out.. 50 degree nights.. opening the windows really didn't circulate air.. does anyone else seem to have this issue? im not sure how to get better air circulation without running the ac all night long.. the tracer only has a small exchaust fan in the bathroom and a non fan vent next to the bathroom.. I went to dealer and they have the maxxair deluxe that would replace the vent in middle of camper but cost me $350.00 plus another $150.00 for labor... does anyone know if the Tracers have wires right there pre-installed or would I have to tap into the light? im not comfortable doing this....
Or is one better off saving the cash and just purchasing two oscallting fans and plugging them in instead???? sorry about the dumb newbie questions.. im trying to make the best here but also not break the bank...thanks...

Old 02-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I installed a vent fan in my bedroom.
Open a window in the very back of trailer and draw the air through.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393359044778.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	46808  

Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #3

More air

DW and I camped in Southern Utah last year 4 days where it hit 116 degrees every day. Our Tracer 3150BHD got so hot the glue under the roof membrane liquified and dissolved, the membrane would billow up like a balloon when we pulled down the road. which resulted in a warranty repair.

Anyway long story short we were so miserable that trip when we got back we bought the Maxxair TurboMax 3550 on the back bunk to pull air from the AC up front through to the back bunk. I had the dealer install it which ran me about $400 cost of fan and install. Well worth the money, it moves a ton of air, and is reversable to pull air in if desired. Has 3 speeds in or out.
The back bunk vent of our unit had the wires there already so installed quick. I know that the vent in the bathroom also has been pre wired.
Not sure about the kitchen vent.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #4

jcamper, I wonder if the vent outside the bathroom is prewired on my tracer already? no fan in there right now.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #5

the dealer gets $150.00 just for installation..doesn't matter what fan I get... plus another $300.00 for most fans...seems kind of steep for me...my wife already shot it down..LOLOLOL.. she likes the heat... it only seems to keep me up at night... I might try to get a little desk fan and just put it next to me on the night stand as there is outlet right there... on the hot nights gonna need AC either way.. but on the cooler nights, I will open all the windows and vents and just plug in a fan next to my head... instead of using the FAN on the AC and burning that unit out... not sure what else to do..i guess the wife wins this battle
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

The maxxfans are worth every penny. We've had them on the last 3 5th wheels. It's the first upgrade I buy. Last one is the deluxe with remote. They run in rain. Perfect.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
jcamper, I wonder if the vent outside the bathroom is prewired on my tracer already? no fan in there right now.
Mine came with a little POS fan in the bathroom. Not sure why yours would be different. When we had our fan installed in the bunk I didn't know there was power there until the dealer took the skirting off the vent. Might be worth just looking yourself to save some cash if you can do it yourself.
One other bonus I didn't mention about the MaxxAir is that there's no cutting or sealing. the fan connects right to your existing vent.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #8

jcamper. I have that little fan in the bathroom..i meant the vent next to bathroom has no fan
Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I installed mine by myself in a few hours.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #10

I use a small oscillating fan that sits on my kitchen table. I leave the windows open and it pushes a gentle breeze back to the bedroom.