Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #1

Trip Report

Just got back from a 4200 mile round trip from WI to Yellowstone with our Tracer 250 Air. This is the second summer for the trailer so its not new and lots of mods.

I have to say it did well with only a minor problem. We woke up in the morning to find a puddle on the floor from kitchen faucet. The swivel connections at the faucet were dripping. Move the hose at all and water would literally spray. I ended up fixing it with residential lines and things were back on track.

I was most nervous about my tires as I have the OEM Power King Towmax STR. The history behind OEM tires has always scared me but I have to say this is now the second set of these on two different trailers without one single problem. The current set has about 15,000 miles on them.

Only other problem was my cord managed to fall out and I proceeded to drag it 200 miles. Luckily I still had both ends and was able to splice it back together for the return trip.
sugarjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarjohnson View Post
Just got back from a 4200 mile round trip from WI to Yellowstone with our Tracer 250 Air. This is the second summer for the trailer so its not new and lots of mods.

I have to say it did well with only a minor problem. We woke up in the morning to find a puddle on the floor from kitchen faucet. The swivel connections at the faucet were dripping. Move the hose at all and water would literally spray. I ended up fixing it with residential lines and things were back on track.

I was most nervous about my tires as I have the OEM Power King Towmax STR. The history behind OEM tires has always scared me but I have to say this is now the second set of these on two different trailers without one single problem. The current set has about 15,000 miles on them.

Only other problem was my cord managed to fall out and I proceeded to drag it 200 miles. Luckily I still had both ends and was able to splice it back together for the return trip.

I have the Westlakes on my new 2015 Roo Hybrid and I have 1,000 miles on them, I have been told to replace them but I check the pressure every trip and look for defects, I guess as long as pressure is good and no bubbles I will keep them for another season maybe replace them end of next year with Goodyear Marathons

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I would think with no more weight than your tt is that the tires would be fine. I think most of the issues have been with the bigger and heaver tt. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #4

Good Luck With TowMax

2016 Crusader 321 RES. We lost two (2) TowMax 235 80R 16's one week apart. The TowMax warranty department did a great job and were very responsive. They found dealers nearby on both occasions and were a great help. Both tires were replaced with Vanguard STR's (basically the same tire). As soon as we arrive back in Georgia, all four (4) tires are being replaced with something more reliable. I am by no means trying to bash the manufacture, I have just lost all confidence in their product. The silver lining in this story is that my near new 5th wheel suffered minimal damage. Many, many of the Rv'ers we saw on our trip west, were not as lucky.
PHILL6004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #5

I've read quite a bit about tires. I'm wondering in your own opinion what is the best tire money no object. Thanks just curious
mrdegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #6

We no longer own our Tracer and now have a new Wildcat 5th Wheel. Swapped rims and went with Goodyear G614. Most everyone agrees these as well as Sailun are top in class. I got the GY on a steal from Amazon otherwise they are spendy!