Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #1

Tv electric lift issue

I have a 2015 Crusader 351REQ and the electric TV lift stopped working properly. It will go down at 1/2 the speed and quieter than normal, but will not go up. It is now "stuck" 1/2 way down (or up). Has anyone had issues with the electric TV lift or would have an idea what is happening?

Thanks
Dwilli
Dwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:05 AM   #2
chesbass

I don't have that feature however the obvious thing to do first is check the breaker secondly I'd gain access to the cabinet below and check that a wire-connector didn't come loose from the motor. If you have a test light or meter check for voltage/current at the motor while someone pushes the button.
chesba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #3

Thanks, but it is still getting power since it moves. Checked the breaker. In order to get to the motor, I have to remove the fireplace and get to the back of the lift. Before I did that, I was wondering if anyone had issues in the past that might point to another issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Dwilli
Dwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #4

Probably not much help but if you can see and reach the control box under the tv try resetting it by pushing a paper clip into the reset hole.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

Had the same problem, twice. FYI: Did you know our tv is called a televator? First time that I pressed the rocker switch to let it up, I guess I did not make sure the switch went back in the right position. All weekend long I kept hearing this motor running and clicking noise. Kept telling DH and he hears nothing. Well it was the tv motor running and it burned out. Replaced motor. A second time it stopped half way and found out a wire came lose. Fixed that and so far so good.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilli View Post
Thanks, but it is still getting power since it moves. Checked the breaker. In order to get to the motor, I have to remove the fireplace and get to the back of the lift. Before I did that, I was wondering if anyone had issues in the past that might point to another issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Dwilli

So, it only moved in one direction now.....down? If it no longer goes up, the "up side" of the switch may have burnt & is no longer making contact. I'd start by trying to bypass the switch & see if it moves. If it does, you found part of your problem. What caused the switch to burn up? Too much resistance either in the wiring or the mechanical mechanism? Check for loose/frayed wires and also check for bind in the up & down travel of the lift mechanism (maybe a mounting screw came loose and the lift is "twisting" and no longer square. You should also apply some grease to the long vertical screw gear, it may be causing some of the bind. All of the above will cause excessive resistance which heats up wires, motors & switches.

Keep us posted.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:53 PM   #7

Friend of ours had the same issue at Goshen with a 2016 Sandpiper he had just picked up. They tore the whole unit out and replaced it rather than attempt to fix it.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #8

We are experiencing something similar in our 17 Crusader during 95 degree temps and no shade. I read someone else's post that mentioned high outside temperatures on the same wall. Lo and behold when the after noon sun cooled a bit, the tv rose up again into position. The Indy race was today....glad we had purchased a tv for the bedroom. I'd like to understand why temp affects it and how to remedy.

Next gripe~Why oh why can't the installers clean up their droppings during the build. Do they think we will never see that?
lisaupchurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric