Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #21

As others have mentiond before.
This is about KOA's in California and Nevada.
I'm sure many out there are better. Hopefully I will find one on the east coast which is nice I'm sure.

Most of the KOA's (CA & NV) I've stayed at were bare minimum and run down.
More expensive than other campgrounds even after you buy their special card for 10% off.
Last one I stayed at was right next to open pond sewage treatment plant with a million flys. Had no choice as it was the only one available. After I checked in I understand why they had spaces and the other campgrounds were full.

KOA campground is last resort campground for us.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #22

The one things I noticed about the 3 we've stayed at and 1 we didn't stay at, is the amount of space inbetween campers, no room to hardly roll our your awning and set outside and enjoy the area. Just gotta have some elbow room and be able to cook outside and sit in lawn chairs or at picknick table without stepping on neighbors sight.

2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #23

Like all chains there are good and bad. What I have found is along the East Coast most are maintained in good shape, of course you range from some like North Hampton Ma which could use a major up fitting to Aracadia where the two are intended to be with nature. Each campground has its own identity. However with KOA most have clean restroom and services.
Bill m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #24

For those of us in the north west and Canada, the best I have stayed at is in Polson, Mt. Fantastic views over the Flathead Lake to the Mission Mountains. The site is very clean and well maintained and the staff are the most friendly and welcoming we have ever had the pleasure to meet

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #25

I travel alone and usually choose KOAs because they are generally clean, safe, and close to the highway. They almost always show you to your site and help you set up. Maybe I have just been lucky. The ones here in Texas are pretty big with lots of room between sites. LA has some good ones. We have stayed at some cramped ones in Florida. Twice I have tried to use Good Sam recommendations and ended up driving out and on down the road to a KOA. One well recommended good sam cg was so bad there was an off duty deputy stationed at the gate because it was right next to a really dicey trailer park that was infested with gangs and thugs. While some of the KOAs are a little run down (GA) or little more than a parking pad for the night (AL) I at least feel like I can be assured of a safe place to camp and I know the bathrooms/ laundr
Ford F250 4x4
Prime Time Crusader 320RLT Touring Edition
2013 days 7
Mpwelch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #26

[QUOTE="Mpwelch50"]I travel alone and usually choose KOAs because they are generally clean, safe, and close to the highway. They almost always show you to your site and help you set up. Maybe I have just been lucky. The ones here in Texas are pretty big with lots of room between sites. LA has some good ones. We have stayed at some cramped ones in Florida. Twice I have tried to use Good Sam recommendations and ended up driving out and on down the road to a KOA. One well recommended good sam cg was so bad there was an off duty deputy stationed at the gate because it was right next to a really dicey trailer park that was infested with gangs and thugs. While some of the KOAs are a little run down (GA) or little more than a parking pad for the night (AL) I at least feel like I can be assured of a safe place to camp and I know the bathrooms/ laundry rooms are nice.
Ford F250 4x4
2013 days 7
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #27

Stupid cat ran a ross the computer screen before I finished saying that I can always count on KOAs to be clean and safe. I didn't like the undercover boss thing. Show some real CG's and spread the wealth around. They only showed the expensive ones in CA. I laughed when it said that great manager had left to open her own business right after he gave her the 50k. I don't know what he expected. Why not give every manager a 5k bonus and every owner a 25k bonus? That would make more sense. If I worked at one of those KOAs and saw just one person get all that money I would be a little peeved.
Ford F250 4x4
2013 days 7
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
The KOA that they showed in Az didn't look too bad. Wasn't that the one where they took out the bug infested tree?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy3972 View Post
The KOA that they showed in Az didn't look too bad. Wasn't that the one where they took out the bug infested tree?
Yes I believe it was Williams, AZ. Gateway to the Grand Canyon southern entrance.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #30
Steve Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleann View Post

Yes I believe it was Williams, AZ. Gateway to the Grand Canyon southern entrance.
I believe that's where the Grand Canyon Railway starts. I took it years ago, they staged a train robbery and took our money(for tips of course).