Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Very frustrated

According to an inspection, the laminated floor in our RV has separated leaving a soft floor. It did not separate due to water damage, I have been complaining about this since the trailer was new, 4 years ago, and it is getting worse. Forest River refuses to help. Now, we want to sell it to move into a park model and everyone who looks at it thinks it has a rotted floor. When I explain the situation, they look at me as if I am trying to put something over on them. An independent examined it and was told it was separated but it would never fall through. It is a 2013 Forest River Prime Time LaCross. I am getting offers way lower than the used value and not enough to pay it off. Do banks repossess trailers? I am not sure what to do. Does anyone think I have any legal recourse?

2013 Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS
2012 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #2

May need to just trade it in to get out of it if a lucky buyer doesn't come along. Sad that a 2013 trailer is having floor problems but doesn't surprise me.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvenneman View Post
Does anyone think I have any legal recourse?

Sorry to hear of this problem, rvenneman. Hopefully our fellow members will be able to help you find a solution to this.

However, legal questions/advice is outside the scope and purpose of FRF, and will get the thread closed, explained more in detail in the link below:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Always Learning

What's the fix? Is it cheaper to fix it and then sell it? Or just take a low-ball dealer offer and roll the negative equity into the next loan?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvenneman View Post
According to an inspection, the laminated floor in our RV has separated leaving a soft floor. It did not separate due to water damage, I have been complaining about this since the trailer was new, 4 years ago, and it is getting worse. Forest River refuses to help. Now, we want to sell it to move into a park model and everyone who looks at it thinks it has a rotted floor. When I explain the situation, they look at me as if I am trying to put something over on them. An independent examined it and was told it was separated but it would never fall through. It is a 2013 Forest River Prime Time LaCross. I am getting offers way lower than the used value and not enough to pay it off. Do banks repossess trailers? I am not sure what to do. Does anyone think I have any legal recourse?

2013 Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS
2012 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
In answer to part of your question, banks DO repossess trailers if the loan is defaulted on. It will adversely affect your credit, and then you'll be responsible for any deficiency balance that remains on the loan after the bank has auctioned off the trailer. They will pursue you for that money. To protect your credit, keep making the payments until the loan is paid off one way or another.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #6

The person who inspected it said if I wanted it replaced it would take 40 hours labor. $4000. Very sad that a 30k+ trailer has this issue that showed up 14 months, 2 months after the warranty expires and Forest River will do NOTHING to help. My life savings went into the down payment and upgrades, and living on SSA, I just about make my bills now.
rvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #7

[QUOTE=rvenneman;1363805]According to an inspection, the laminated floor in our RV has separated leaving a soft floor. It did not separate due to water damage"

If it is at all accessible from the underside, I would drill some 1/8 inch holes in the delaminated section (just to the delam, not through, use a drill stop) and inject an epoxy resin and then brace it from underneath and put weight on it from above. Wait 2 days and repeat if you missed an area. Fill the holes with epoxy filler when done and paint to match the underside. You can also inject it and use short screws to "clamp" it temporarily.
limblips is offline   Reply With Quote